This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Jersey was a television series that aired on Disney Channel that premiered January 30, 1999, and based on the Monday Night Football Club books by Gordon Korman. The series finale was on March 23, 2004.
by Gordon Korman
|Developed by||Thomas W. Lynch|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||3|
|No. of episodes||64 (list of episodes)|
|Camera setup||Film; Single-camera|
|Running time||22 min.|
|Production company(s)||Lynch Entertainment|
|Distributor||Buena Vista Television|
|Original network||Disney Channel|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)|
|Original release||January 30, 1999 –|
March 23, 2004
The Jersey is about Nick Lighter, Morgan Hudson, Coleman Galloway, and Elliot Riffkin, four teens who discover the magic of "the jersey", a mystical football jersey that transports them into the bodies of professional athletes. This is done in a way similar to the way that the main character in Quantum Leap, Sam, travels from body to body, and there is a different athlete featured in every episode. The show had several athletes as guest actors, including Dan Lyle, Michael Andretti, Terrell Davis, David Robinson, Malik Rose, Tony Gonzalez, Shannon Sharpe, Donovan McNabb, Byron Dafoe, Michael Strahan, Kurt Warner, Stephon Marbury, Sergei Fedorov, Kordell Stewart, Jerome Bettis, Junior Seau, Scott Steiner, Eddie George, Sabrina Bryan, Randy Johnson, Tony Hawk, Laila Ali, Peyton Manning, and Danny Farmer.
- Michael Galeota as Nick Lighter
- Courtnee Draper as Morgan Hudson
- Jermaine Williams as Coleman Galloway
- Brianne Prather as Hilary Lighter
- Cheselka Leigh as Willa Conklin
- Theo Greenly as Elliot Rifkin
- Michael Bofshever as Mr. Lighter
- McNally Sagal as Mrs. Lighter
- Meagan Good as Tamika
- Vance Yudell as Phill Parker
While production on the show wrapped in February 2001, new episodes were shown until March 2004. The last few episodes aired early Saturday mornings on Disney Channel and after all 64 episodes were shown, The Jersey was briefly reran then completely taken off the air in June 2004.
|First aired||Last aired|
|1||20||January 30, 1999||June 24, 2000|
|2||19||September 2, 2000||April 19, 2001|
|3||24||September 2, 2002||March 23, 2004|
- Adamson, Stephen (September 10, 2015). "Magic and Sports, What a Combo! Disney Channel Show 'The Jersey' Cast Members Then and Now". Movie Pilot. Retrieved January 11, 2016.
- Steele, Monique (October 25, 2015). "15 Disney Channel Series We Wish We Could Watch Again". MTV. Viacom Media Networks (Viacom). Retrieved January 11, 2016.
- "MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL CLUB". FictionDB. Retrieved January 11, 2016.
- Steadman, Alex (January 11, 2016). "Disney Channel's 'The Jersey' Star Dies at 31". Variety. Penske Media Corporation. Retrieved January 13, 2016.
- (via Google Books)Terrace, Vincent (2011). Encyclopedia of Television Shows, 1925 through 2010, 2d ed. London and Jefferson, North Carolina: McFarland & Company. p. 532. ISBN 0786464771. Retrieved January 11, 2016.