This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
The Graph is an indexing protocol for organizing and accessing data from blockchains and storage networks. It allows developers to search, find, publish, and use the public data they need to build decentralized applications. The Graph Network enables the accessibility of decentralized applications through public and open APIs, called subgraphs. The native currency of The Graph is GRT. The Graph has volunteers known as Curators, Indexers, and Delegators who work to process data and share it with Consumers. The Graph offers support to index data from 25 different blockchain protocols including Ethereum, NEAR, Arbitrium, Optimism, Polygon, Avalanche, Celo, Fantom, and Moonbeam.
|Developer(s)||Yaniv Tal, Brandon Ramirez, and Jannis Pohlmann|
|Source model||Open source|
The Graph was launched on the Ethereum blockchain in 2018 by Yaniv Tal, Brandon Ramirez and Jannis Pohlman. In June 2020, The Graph raised $5 million in a token sale to Framework Ventures, Coinbase Ventures, CoinDesk parent Digital Currency Group, Multicoin Capital, DTC Capital, and others. In October 2020, the governance of the network was turned over to an independent network called The Graph Foundation. Eva Beylin was nominated to serve as director.
In October 2020, The Graph raised $12 million in a public sale of its native GRT token. In December 2020, the Graph mainnet was launched. In January 2022, The Graph Foundation raised $50 million in a sale of digital tokens to investors led by Tiger Global Management. In February 2022, a group of venture capital firms including Digital Currency Group, Multicoin Capital, Reciprocal Ventures, gumi Cryptos Capital, NGC Ventures, and HashKey announced the launch of a $205 million ecosystem fund to support developers building on ‘The Graph’ protocol.
- "The Graph's GRT Rallies 15% Amid AI Token Surge". markets.businessinsider.com. Retrieved 2023-08-20.
- "The Graph Raises $5M From Strategic Supporters to Decentralize the Query Layer of DeFi and Web3". The Graph. Retrieved 2023-08-20.
- "Announcing The Graph Foundation". The Graph. Retrieved 2023-08-20.
- "The Graph Network Launches its Mainnet". The Graph. Retrieved 2023-08-20.
- "Graph Foundation Raises $50 Million in Round Led by Tiger". Bloomberg.com. 2022-01-21. Retrieved 2023-08-21.
- "Sommelier Announces $1M R&D Grant from The Graph Foundation". Sommelier. Retrieved 2023-08-21.
- "Blockchain indexing firm The Graph awards $48M grant to The Guild". VentureBeat. 2021-12-15. Retrieved 2023-08-21.
- "The Graph Foundation awards $48 million grant to The Guild to join The Graph as a Core Developer". The Graph. Retrieved 2023-08-21.