The First Teacher
|The first teacher|
|Directed by||Andrei Konchalovsky|
|Written by||Andrei Konchalovsky|
|Music by||Vyacheslav Ovchinnikov|
|Edited by||Eva Ladyzhenskaya|
The Russian Civil War ended not so long ago. Young Komsomol member and a former Red Army soldier Dyuyshen comes to the village as the new teacher of the village. His enthusiasm to bring new ideas immediately faces a centuries-old tradition of life in Central Asia. The former soldier tries to improve literacy to this far Moslem area while villagers didn't allow gỉrls to attend school. He then met Altynai, a 15-year-old illiterate girl who has a burning desire to study, but her aunt sells her to a powerful and wealthy chieftain. The school is burned down. The film ends with the promise of it being rebuilt using a centuries-old tree which had been a source of pride to the local population.
Prizes and awardsEdit
- Аринбасарова Наталья Утевлевна. teatrkinoaktera.ru
- "The First Teacher". Retrieved 23 November 2015.
- "Films: Bolot Beyshenaliyev". Retrieved 23 November 2015.
- "Natalya Arinbasarova". Retrieved 23 November 2015.
- "Idris Nogajbayev". Retrieved 23 November 2015.
- "Darkul Kuyukova". Retrieved 23 November 2015.
- "Jussi Awards for 1973". Retrieved 23 November 2015.
|This article related to a Soviet film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|