The Fate of the House of Habsburg
The Fate of the House of Habsburg (German: Das Schicksal derer von Habsburg) is a 1928 German silent drama film directed by Rolf Raffé and starring Fritz Spira, Alfons Fryland, and Leni Riefenstahl. It is based on the Mayerling incident of 1889, wherein a Crown Prince of Austria killed his mistress and himself.
|The Fate of the House of Habsburg|
|Directed by||Rolf Raffé|
|Written by||Max Ferner|
The film's sets were designed by Artur Berger.
- Fritz Spira as Emperor Franz Josef
- Erna Morena as Empress Elisabeth
- Maly Delschaft as Crown Princess Stefanie
- Alfons Fryland as Crown Prince Rudolph
- Franz Kammauf as Bratfisch, Coachman
- Leni Riefenstahl as Maria Vetsera
- Willi Hubert as Franz Ferdinand
- Irene Krauß as Baroness Helene Vetsera
- Ernst Recniczek as Philip of Coburg
- Carmen Cartellieri as Countess Larisch
- Albert Kersten as Count Hoyos
- Paul Askonas as Montenuovo
- Alice Roberts as Louise of Coburg
- Minje van Gooten as Countess Chotek
- Ferry Lukacs as Emperor Karl
- Rother, p. 234.