The Chopstars, also known as Chopstar DJs or simply Chopstars, are a collective that include American DJs and turntablists that perform chopped and screwed remixes of popular music including Drake's 2011 Take Care album, as well as Little Dragon's 2014 Nabuma Rubberband album. and recently released Savage Mode II from Metro Boomin and 21 Savage. Created by OG Ron C, the co-founder of Swishahouse Records, it is a homage to the late DJ Screw. The motto of The Chopstars is "Keeping DJ Screw alive since 2001" and "Dedicated to the memory of DJ Screw." Notable members include DJ Candlestick, Mike G (a member of Odd Future), DJ Ryan Wolf the official DJ of the Cleveland Browns, DJ Hollygrove formerly of KQBT, and Academy Award-winning director Barry Jenkins.
|Also known as|
|Origin||Houston, Texas, United States|
|Genres||Chopped and screwed|
|Associated acts||Odd Future, OVO Sound, Drake, 21 Savage, Megan Thee Stallion, Don Toliver|
|Past members||DJ Lil Steve, DJ Mr Rogers, DJ Blurray, DJ Rio Blackwood|
In Mainstream MediaEdit
ChopNotSlop has been in mainstream media on several occasions. In 2005 Houston rapper Chamillionaire released his multi-platinum album The Sound Of Revenge in which a Chopped and Screwed version was also released with mixes by OG Ron C. To date the ChopNotSlop version has sold over 250,000 copies. In 2010 after meeting OG Ron C in Toronto rapper Drake started giving attention to ChopNotSlop via interviews and Twitter updates. On Sept 19, 2011, Drake announced his second album by tweeting "Take Care, Take Care Birthday Edition, Take Care OG Ron C Edition...10.24.11" Chopstar DJ Mixtapes have also been featured in the LA Times Music Section, as well as The New York Times Music Section. OG Ron C's ChopNotSlop version of the song "Southern Takeover" by Chamillionaire was played in the background of the warehouse scene on the NBC show The Office (Season 2. Ep15 "Boys and Girls"). The Chopstars have been the subject to many article relating to the art form of ChopNotSlop 
- On January 27, 2015 OG Ron C and DJ Candlestick of The Chopstars teamed up with Little Dragon and Adult Swim to officially release a FREE ChopNotSlop remix of Nabuma Rubberband which is being distributed via Cartoon Network's Adult Swim website. In February 2017, director Barry Jenkins connected with OG Ron C and DJ Candlestick to release a ChopNotSlop version of the Moonlight soundtrack
OG Ron C started the Chopstar DJs to help up and coming Chopped and Screwed DJs. He first signed DJ Lil Steve who has been his protégé since 2005. In 2008 he met and brought on DJ Candlestick. In 2009 he added DJ Hollygrove and DJ Chose, a well known College and Texas Club Scene DJ/producer/artist. DJ Chose is a member of the group Brook Gang Music that OG Ron C also manages. In 2009 he hooked back up with his old Swishahouse right-hand-man Michael '5000' Watts and released "The Return Of The Realest."
ChopNotSlop Radio is an online radio station that was created in 2008. It boasts as the "Worlds First Chopped and Screwed Radio Station" which is dedicated to keeping DJ Screw Music alive. The current broadcast format is block programming which features current mixtapes done by Chopstar DJs, with one live show on Wednesday afternoon which features DJs Ron C, Candlestick and Hollygrove. The stream can be listened to via Windows Media Player, iTunes or any iDevice. It can also be accessed in OG Ron C F-Action or DJ Hollygrove application for iPhone.
- Mike G, member of Odd Future
- "Little Dragon's Nabuma Rubberband Gets Chopped Not Slopped status".
- "The Sound Of Revenge: Screwed & Chopped (Explicit) - OG Ron C Album". Music.yahoo.com. Retrieved 2012-10-25.
- "Drake status". Twitter. Retrieved 2013-07-08.
- "Kanye West's 'My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy' chopped and screwed: The full album, slowed down to a crawl - latimes.com". Latimesblogs.latimes.com. 2010-11-30. Retrieved 2012-10-25.
- Kuo, Andrew (2011-12-19). "Charting Drake & ChopCare". The New York Times.
- Kuo, Andrew (2012-09-21). "Charting OG Ron C on Frank Ocean - NYTimes.com". Artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com. Retrieved 2012-10-25.
- "IMDb Soundtracks:The Office".
- "YouTube:The Office Boys and Girls".
- "OG Ron C's Starter Guide to the Chopstars' Best Non-Rap Tapes".
- "The Rocks Off 100: OG Ron C, Chopstar King of the Purple Dome".
- "Crew Love:Odd Future".
- "Little Dragon:Nabuma Purple Rubberband". 27 Jan 2015.
- "Little Dragon -Nabuma Purple Rubberband ChopNotSlop Remix". 27 Jan 2015.
- "Adult Swim Press Release". 27 Jan 2015.
- "Moonlight Directs Boost a Chopped and Screwed version Of Its Soundtrack".|accessdate=27 Feb 2017
- ""Moonlight" Director Barry Jenkins Teams Up With The Chopstars For "Purple Moonlight" Mixtape".|accessdate=27 Feb 2017
- "OG Ron C and Michael '5000' Watts's The Return Of The Realest –O.G. Ron C & Michael '5000' Watts". Apple. Retrieved 2010-06-28.
- "F Action - OG Ron C for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store". Itunes.apple.com. 2012-05-19. Retrieved 2012-10-25.
- "DJ Hollygrove for iPhone on the iTunes App Store". Itunes.apple.com. 2012-06-29. Retrieved 2012-10-25.
- """With a decade in the game, DJ Hollygrove is spinning harder than ever " Mixtape".|accessdate=10 Apr 2019
- "Little Dragon - Nabuma Purple Rubberband ChopNotSlop Remix". 27 Jan 2015.