The Bolshoi Ballet (film)
The Bolshoi Ballet is a 1957 British musical film directed by Paul Czinner and starring Galina Ulanova, Raisa Struchkova, and Nikolai Fadeyechev. The film's composers, Yuri Fayer and Gennady Rozhdestvensky, were nominated for Best Original Score in the 31st Academy Awards (1958).
|The Bolshoi Ballet|
|Directed by||Paul Czinner|
|Written by||Paul Czinner|
|Produced by||Paul Czinner|
|Starring||Galina Ulanova |
|Edited by||Philip Hudsmith|
|Music by||Yuri Fayer (musical director) |
Gennady Rozhdestvensky (conductor)
Orchestra of the Royal Opera House
|Distributed by||J. Arthur Rank Film Distributors |
Rank Film Distributors of America
Video Artists International (VAI)
The film captures the 1956 performances of The Bolshoi Ballet in the United Kingdom at Davis Theatre, Croydon and at Covent Garden, performing divertissement and Giselle. The film was shot using multiple mobile, 35 mm Eastmancolor cameras.
- "The Bolshoi Ballet (1957, UK) cert. U". The David Lean Cinema. Retrieved 2020-02-02.
- "The 31st Academy Awards (1959) Nominees and Winners". oscars.org. Archived from the original on July 6, 2011. Retrieved 2011-08-21.
- The Bolshoi Ballet at IMDb
- The Bolshoi Ballet at the TCM Movie Database
- The Bolshoi Ballet at AllMovie