The Best in Heritage is an international, annual survey of award-winning museum, heritage and conservation projects. The survey was launched in 2003 by the European Heritage Association from Zagreb under leadership from professor Tomislav S. Šola. The event is being held every year in the city of Dubrovnik, Croatia at the end of September. The aim of the conference is to give prize winning projects from the preceding year further professional and media attention. The event serves to identify and promote the best museum, heritage and conservation projects in the world.
The Best in Heritage is an annual presentation of awarded museum, heritage, and conservation projects. Over 40 hand-picked projects and institutions which have received national or international awards in the previous year are presented by their authors or institution directors, followed by discussions, exhibitions and receptions. Presenters explain why their achievements were proclaimed the best in the previous year and received an award. The aim is to present quality projects in anything concerning the care and communication of heritage.
At the IMAGINES event New technologies and Multimedia projects are being presented in a one-day programme.
The conference is organised in partnership with Europa Nostra. The main patron is the ICOM Fund of the International Council of Museums (ICOM), other patrons are: ICOMOS, ICCROM, International Federation of Library Associations, the City of Dubrovnik and the Croatian Ministry of Culture. The Museums of Dubrovnik are local partner.
Projects of InfluenceEdit
From 2015 onward, the conference audience, together with moderators and last year's winners, votes for the "Project of influence" award for each of the two events, winners of which are announced at the closing ceremony.
- "The "Best in Heritage"". europa.eu. 2018-03-15. Retrieved 2018-03-15.
- (in English) "The Best in Heritage: Projects of Influence (14th Edition)". Ne-Mo.org.
- "Sponsors, Patrons, Supporters". The Best in Heritage. Retrieved 2010-08-03.
- The Best in Heritage website
- The Best in Heritage YouTube Channel
- Europa Nostra website
- "Tomislav Šola: The Future of Museums and the Role of Museology". dzs.ffzg.hr. Retrieved 2014-02-02.
- Tomislav Šola. "Tomislav Šola: A Contribution to Understanding of Museums: Why Would the Museums Count?". dzs.ffzg.hr. Retrieved 2014-02-02.