The Beach (1954 film)
The Beach (Italian: La spiaggia) also internationally released as Riviera and The Boarder) is a 1954 French-Italian comedy drama film directed by Alberto Lattuada and starring Martine Carol, Raf Vallone and Mario Carotenuto. In 2008 the film was selected to enter the list of the 100 Italian films to be saved.
|Directed by||Alberto Lattuada|
|Written by||Luigi Malerba |
|Starring||Martine Carol |
|Music by||Piero Piccioni|
|Edited by||Mario Serandrei|
|Distributed by||Titanus Film|
|25 February 1954|
At a luxury resort on the Italian coast, a prostitute takes her young daughter for a vacation but tries to conceal her true profession from her fellow guests. She is courted by the local mayor, before her past is exposed to the gossipy society of the resort.
- Martine Carol as Anna Maria Mentorsi
- Raf Vallone as Silvio, il sindaco di Pontorno
- Mario Carotenuto as Carlo Albertocchi
- Carlo Romano as Luigi
- Clelia Matania as la signora Albertocchi
- Carlo Bianco as Chiastrino, il milionario
- Nico Pepe as ex-fumatore magro
- Mara Berni as la signora Marini
- Valeria Moriconi as Gughi, l'esistenzialista
- Marcella Rovena as Luigina, moglie di Roberto
- Rosy Mazzacurati as la signora snob
- Marco Ferreri as ex-fumatore grasso
- Ennio Girolami as Riccardo
- Callisto Cosulich. I Film di Alberto Lattuada. Gremese Editore, 1985. ISBN 8876051872.
- Adriano Aprà. Alberto Lattuada: il cinema e i film. Marsilio, 2009. ISBN 8831797778.
- Massimo Borriello (4 March 2008). "Cento film e un'Italia da non dimenticare". Movieplayer. Retrieved 19 April 2013.
- "Ecco i cento film italiani da salvare". Corriere della Sera. 28 February 2008. Retrieved 19 April 2013.
- Bayman, Louis. Directory of World Cinema: Italy. Intellect Books, 2011.
|This article related to an Italian film of the 1950s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a comedy-drama film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|