The American Lawyer
This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Based in||New York City|
In 1986, The American Lawyer purchased Review Business Publications of Miami, which included four southern Florida newspapers: Broward Review, Palm Beach Review, Miami Review, and South Florida Medical Review.
The website of The American Lawyer, Law.com, publishes daily headline news pertinent to the business of law. Publications include:
- The "Am Law 100" and "Am Law 200" surveys rank United States law firms by revenue per lawyer, compensation, profits per lawyer, profitability index, value per lawyer, profits per equity partner, and overall revenue
- The Global 100 — annual ranking of the world's 100 largest law firms across the globe by overall revenue, by number of lawyers per firm, and by profits per equity partner
- The A-List — annual ranking of the most well-rounded, elite law firms in the United States. The A-List has recognized firms based on a combination of factors, both financial and cultural: revenue per lawyer, pro bono commitment, associate satisfaction and racial diversity, with RPL and pro bono given double weight. Also included since 2017 are scores for gender diversity — specifically, percentage of women equity partners
- Diversity Scorecard — an annual record of the average number of full-time-equivalent minority attorneys
- "The View From the Top" — annual poll of law firm chairpersons
- "Corporate Scorecard" — performance reports of U.S. law firms with the most active corporate finance and capital markets practices
- Altaner, David (January 10, 1986). "4 area journals sold to N.Y. firm". South Florida Sun-Sentinel. Retrieved February 6, 2019.
- "The American Lawyer". americanlawyer.com.
- Blumenthal, Jeff (May 4, 2012), "Per-lawyer revenue up", Philadelphia Business Journal, bizjournals.com, retrieved May 16, 2012
- AmericanLawyer.com: About us
|This article about a legal magazine is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
See tips for writing articles about magazines. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.