The Amazing Adventures of Morph
The Amazing Adventures of Morph is a British stop-motion clay animation television show created by Aardman Animations which ran from 1980 to 1981. It featured the character Morph and his cream-coloured best friend Chas.
|The Amazing Adventures of Morph|
|Created by||Aardman Animations|
|Directed by||Peter Lord|
|Narrated by||Tony Hart|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|No. of episodes||26|
|Running time||5 minutes|
|Production company||Aardman Animations|
|Original release||October 13, 1980 –|
May 18, 1981
|Followed by||The Morph Files (1995)|
|Related shows||spun off from Take Hart (1977)|
The character of Morph first appeared on the children's art-themed TV show Take Hart with Tony Hart in 1977. This series served as a spin-off to Take Hart and a showcase for Morph. The character had become so popular that the BBC commissioned 26 5-min episodes featuring the character.
As well as Morph and his cream-coloured best friend Chas from previous appearances, the show incorporated various additional characters; Folly (a female tinfoil figure), Gillespie (large, blue and dim-witted), GrandMorph (an elderly grey-bearded version of Morph with a skateboard and a knack for inventing things), Delilah (a blonde female in a yellow dress and glasses who serves as a straight character) Nailbrush (a nailbrush dog), Gobbledygook (a green alien) and The Very Small Creatures. Early versions of Folly and Gillespie had previously made a brief appearance in Take Hart.
- The Beginning
- The Day Nothing Happened
- Play Golf
- Morph takes a Ditch
- The Day Morph Was Ill
- Morph's Forgotten Dream
- Morph the Weakling
- Chalk the Dog
- The Two Mountaineers
- The Double Decker Boot
- Butch Morph and the Chas Kid
- The Day Morph Went Skiing
- The Abominable Snowman
- The Invisible Morph
- Where's Cricket?
- A Swimming Pool in the Garden
- The Strange Visitor
- A Game of Chess
- The Very Small Creature, Green
- GrandMorph's Beard
- The Babysitters
- Morph Sticks With It
- Gobbledygook the Burglar
- GrandMorph's Home Movies
- Morph and the Swoggle Flange
- The Magic Wand
Awards and nominationsEdit
|Year||Nominee / work||Award||Result|
|1981||Patrick Dowling||BAFTA TV Award for 'Harlequin' (Drama/Light Entertainment)||Nominated|
- Sheridan, Simon (2004). The A-Z of Classic Children's Television: From Alberto Frog to Zebedee. Reynolds & Hearn Ltd. pp. 38–41. ISBN 1903111277.
- "1980s kids faves: The Amazing Adventures of Morph - Knightmare: ITV cult kids classic to be shown on YouTube". Archived from the original on 16 January 2014. Retrieved 2014-01-14.CS1 maint: bot: original URL status unknown (link)
- Lenburg, J. (2006). Who's who in Animated Cartoons: An International Guide to Film & Television's Award-winning and Legendary Animators. Applause Theatre & Cinema Books. ISBN 9781617746604. Retrieved 14 January 2014.
- "The Amazing Adventures of Morph - Awards - IMDb". imdb.com. Retrieved 14 January 2014.