Teteven Municipality (Bulgarian: Община Тетевен) is a municipality (obshtina) in Lovech Province, Central-North Bulgaria, located from the northern slopes of the central Stara planina mountain to the area of the Fore-Balkan. It is named after its administrative centre - the town of Teteven.
Teteven Municipality within Bulgaria and Lovech Province.
|Admin. centre (Obshtinski tsentar)||Teteven|
|• Total||697 km2 (269 sq mi)|
|• Density||32/km2 (82/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+2 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+3 (EEST)|
The municipality embraces a territory of 697 km² with a population of 22,016 inhabitants, as of December 2009.
The main road E772 crosses the area through the northernmost parts of the municipality.
Teteven Municipality includes the following 13 places (towns are shown in bold):
|Balgarski Izvor||Български извор||1,304|
|Cherni Vit||Черни Вит||722|
|Golyam Izvor||Голям извор||529|
|Malka Zhelyazna||Малка Желязна||144|
The following table shows the change of the population during the last four decades.
|Sources: Census 2001, Census 2011, „pop-stat.mashke.org“,|
According to the latest Bulgarian census of 2011, the religious composition, among those who answered the optional question on religious identification, was the following:
- (in English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian provinces and municipalities in 2009
- (in English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian towns in 2009
- (in English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian villages under 1000 inhabitants - December 2009
- (in English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian Settlements 1000-5000 inhabitants - December 2009
- National Statistical Institute - Census 2001
- "Population of Bulgarian divisions". Pop-stat.mashke.org. 2011-02-01. Retrieved 2012-03-28.
- "Religious composition of Bulgaria 2011". pop-stat.mashke.org.
- Official website (in Bulgarian)