"Terbaik Bagimu" (The Best for You) is a single by Malaysian artist Siti Nurhaliza. The third single from her sixteenth solo album, Fragmen, the song was composed by Ade Govinda, an Indonesian songwriter and lyricist.
|Single by Siti Nurhaliza|
|from the album Fragmen|
|Released||15 October 2014 (Digital)|
14 April 2014 (First live performance)
|Label||Siti Nurhaliza Productions, Universal Music Group (Malaysia)|
|Producer(s)||Ade Govinda, Aubrey Suwito|
|Siti Nurhaliza singles chronology|
First performed during Siti's 2014 "Dato' Siti Nurhaliza – Live in Singapore" concert on 14 April, the song revolves around the feeling of a wife who is striving to be the best for her husband but still feels it is not enough. The song was officially released as a single on 15 October 2014 in conjunction with her promotion of Fragmen in Indonesia. The song also served as a theme song on 3 February 2015 for a 14-episode Malay drama, "Nasuha" (Full Repentance), aired on TV9. In March 2015, it was also chosen as a theme song for a Malay telemovie, "Talak" (Divorce), on TV3.
On 5 September 2014, "Terbaik Bagimu" was nominated for the 2014 Anugerah Planet Muzik for the category of Best Collaboration (Song) in Singapore. Although no official music video was released, a lyric video was officially released on 4 May 2015.
Background and recordingEdit
During the creation of Fragmen, Siti received a song offer from Universal Music Malaysia which she later accepted. According to Siti, "I received Ade's song from Universal Music Malaysia. I instantly wanted that song, because it is easy to listen to and to touch [my] feelings. 'Terbaik Bagimu' tells a story of how a wife who is giving the best [of her] to the husband but still feeling it is lacking".[b]
She also revealed that the original title, "Masih Kurang" (Insufficient), and certain parts of the lyrics were altered to deliver more positive connotations. She asked Ade's permission to alter a few elements of the lyrics and rename the song prior to recording it.
Composition and lyricsEdit
A slow tempo song, "Terbaik Bagimu" lasts four minutes and ten seconds. Written by Ade Govinda and composed by Ade and Jeje Govinda, the lyrics tell a story of how a wife feels that something is amiss even while she is trying to be the best for her husband.
Release and promotionEdit
Prior to its release as a single, the song was first performed by Siti for her 2014 "Dato' Siti Nurhaliza – Live in Singapore" concert on 14 April 2014. On 15 October 2014, the song was announced as the next single from Fragmen in conjunction with Siti's visit to promote Fragmen for the Indonesian market. During her promotional tour in Indonesia, she performed "Terbaik Bagimu" extensively, including multiple live performances for various television shows and programs, alongside "Seluruh Cinta", her main single from Fragmen for the Indonesian market.
In Malaysia, the song was also promoted heavily. Amongst the notable live performances for the song were Siti's 2015 unplugged concert on 7 April 2015 and a special Mother's Day showcase, "Mother’s Day Miracle Night with Dato' Siti Nurhaliza" on 15 May 2015. The song became a popular choice amongst Malaysian film makers. It was chosen as a theme song twice for two different shows by two different television stations during the first quarter of 2015. On 3 February 2015, "Terbaik Bagimu" was chosen as a theme song for a 14-episode Malay drama, "Nasuha" (Full Repentance), aired on TV9. A month later, on 22 March 2015, it was chosen as a theme song for a Malay telemovie, "Talak" (Divorce), on TV3.
Although no music video for "Terbaik Bagimu" was ever filmed, Rumpun Records, a subdivision of Universal Music Malaysia, uploaded a lyric video for it on their official YouTube account on 4 May 2015.
"Terbaik Bagimu" was first performed long before the release of Fragmen. It was first performed live by Siti in Singapore on 14 April 2014 for her 2014 "Dato' Siti Nurhaliza – Live in Singapore" concert on 14 April 2014. The song was announced as the third single to be released from Fragmen on 15 October 2014, in conjunction with the plan to promote Fragmen in Indonesia, and started to be performed more frequently live. During Siti's visit to Indonesia in October 2014, the song was performed live for several Indonesian television programs and shows, including "Persembahan Cinta 23" (MNCTV) on 20 October 2014, "dahSyat" "Superstars" on RCTI (21 October), "Inbox" on SCTV (22 October), and "Sarah Sechan" on NET..
After Siti's return to Malaysia, she began to perform "Terbaik Bagimu" more frequently for the Malaysian market. On 22 November 2014, it was performed acoustically during her visit to Era FM. In 2015, "Terbaik Bagimu" was performed during an episode of MeleTOP on 17 February 2015. On 7 April 2015, it was performed acoustically again, this time for Dato' Siti Nurhaliza Unplugged 2015, as a special medley composed of three songs from Fragmen that were composed by Indonesian writers and musical composers. It was performed alongside "Sanubari" and "Kau Sangat Bererti". A month later "Terbaik Bagimu" was also performed for Siti's one-day showcase in conjunction with Mother's Day, "Mother's Day Miracle Night with Dato' Siti Nurhaliza", on 15 May 2015.
"Terbaik Bagimu" was one of two songs were chosen by the winner of Ceria Popstar 3, Dayang Izyan Zawanie Iraril, to sing for the finale of Ceria Popstar 3 on 12 June 2015.
Credits and personnelEdit
|Top 30 Singles Chart Malaysia||12|
|Year||Award||Recipients and nominees||Category||Result||Host country|
|2014||Anugerah Planet Muzik||"Terbaik Bagimu"||Best Collaboration (Song)||Nominated|| |
- Original:"Lagu ini catchy, fresh, tidak sukar dihayati. Lirik di balik lagu ini merupakan kisah pengorbanan seorang istri. Diambil dari pengalaman saya. Saya ingin lagu ini dapat menjadi inspirasi bagi wanita-wanita di mana saja. Bahwa kita harus memberikan yang terbaik, tak ada batasannya. Kalau saya bisa, maka teman-teman perempuan lain juga bisa."
- Original:"Siti mendapat lagu Ade dari Universal Music Malaysia. Siti langsung mau lagu itu, karena enak didengar dan sangat menyentuh perasaan," tambah Siti. 'Terbaik Bagimu' menceritakan tentang seorang istri yang mencoba memberi hal terbaik untuk suami tapi masih merasa pengorbanannya kurang."
- Vallesca Souisa (22 November 2014). "Penggalan Kisah Siti Nurhaliza Dituangkan Dalam Album Fragmen ("Fragments of Siti Nurhaliza's Stories told in Fragmen)". TabloidBintang.com (in Indonesian). Retrieved 14 June 2015.
- Wow Keren Staff (22 October 2014). "Siti Nurhaliza Gandeng Ade Govinda di Album Baru 'Fragmen' ("Siti Nurhaliza Works with Ade Govinda in New Album, 'Fragmen')". WowKeren.com (in Indonesian). Retrieved 14 June 2015.
- Kapan Lagi Staff (30 May 2014). "Siti Nurhaliza Sempat Ganti Judul Lagu Ciptaan Ade Govinda ("Siti Nurhaliza Changes Ade Govida's Song Title)". KapanLagi.com (in Indonesian). Retrieved 14 June 2015.
- Fragmen (liner notes). Siti Nurhaliza. Siti Nurhaliza Productions and Universal Music Group (Malaysia). 2014.CS1 maint: others (link)
- Kapan Lagi Staff (30 May 2014). "Hebat, Ade Govinda Ciptakan Lagu Untuk Siti Nurhaliza ("Great, Ade Govinda Created a Song for Siti Nurhaliza")". KapanLagi.com (in Indonesian). Retrieved 14 June 2015.
- Naadiah Bte Mohamad Munir Badib (14 April 2014). "Dato' Siti Nurhaliza live in Singapore — 3.5/5". Today. Retrieved 14 June 2015.
- GilaMuzik Admin (15 October 2014). "Siaran Media : Terbaik Bagimu – Dato' Siti Nurhaliza". GilaMuzik.com (in Malay). Retrieved 14 June 2015.
- Hannie Susanti (Producer) & Gerryndra Danurwendo (Producer) (20 October 2014). Persembahan Cinta 23 (Motion Picture) (in Indonesian). Indonesia: MNCTV.
- Armen E. Basauli (Producer) (21 October 2014). dahSyat (Motion Picture) (in Indonesian). Indonesia: RCTI.
- Wishnutama (Director) (1 November 2014). Sarah Sechan (Motion Picture) (in Indonesian). Indonesia: NET.
- Shazryn Mohd Faizal (8 April 2015). "Siti Nurhaliza terus lengkapkan portfolio (Siti Nurhaliza Continues Completing Portfolio)". The Rakyat Post (in Malay). Retrieved 14 June 2015.
- Shazryn Mohd Faizal (20 May 2015). "Air mata Siti Nurhaliza tumpah lagi (Siti Nurhaliza's Tears Fell Again)". The Rakyat Post (in Malay). Retrieved 14 June 2015.
- Budiey (29 January 2015). "Sinopsis Drama Bersiri NASUHA Lakonan Tasha Shilla (Synopsis for NASUHA, the Drama Series Lead by Tasha Shilla)". Budiey.com (in Malay). Retrieved 14 June 2015.
- Kas Rohan (Director) (22 March 2015). Talak (Divorce) (Telemovie) (in Malay). Malaysia: TV3.
- Rumpun Records (8 May 2015). "Dato' Siti Nurhaliza - Terbaik Bagimu (Video Lirik)". Rumpun Records (in Malay). Retrieved 14 June 2015.
- Eddino Abdul Hadi (13 April 2014). "Concert review: Siti Nurhaliza thrills Singapore fans with first concert here in six years". The Straits Times. Archived from the original on 18 April 2014. Retrieved 15 November 2014.
- Dini Putri (Director), Tiruma Imelda (Producer) & Jahja I. Rianto (Executive Producer) (21 October 2014). Inbox (Motion Picture) (in Indonesian). Indonesia: SCTV.
- Harsiwi Achmad (Director), Eddy Rohendy (Producer) & Renoningtyas (Producer) (22 October 2014). Inbox (Motion Picture) (in Indonesian). Indonesia: SCTV.
- Era FM's Admin (22 November 2014). "Siti Nurhaliza - Terbaik Bagimu (Acoustic)" (in Malay). Retrieved 14 June 2015.
- MeleTOP Admin (17 February 2015). "MeleTOP Debaran #AME2015 - Episod Penuh Ep120 (17.2.2015)" (in Malay). Retrieved 6 January 2015.
- Feride Hikmet Atak (13 June 2015). "Dayang Juara 'Ceria Popstar 3' (Dayang the Winner of 'Ceria Popstar 3'". mStar (in Malay). Retrieved 14 June 2015.
- Music Weekly Staff (30 March 2015). "Top 30 Singles Chart Malaysia". Musicweekly.asia. Archived from the original on 31 March 2015.
- Murai Staff (5 September 2014). "Senarai Pencalonan Akhir Anugerah Planet Muzik 2014 (List of Final Nominees for 2014 Anugerah Planet Muzik)". Murai.com.my (in Malay). Archived from the original on 21 April 2015. Retrieved 15 June 2015.
- on YouTube