Tennis at the 2010 Commonwealth Games
Although tennis has long been on the list of approved optional Commonwealth Games sports, and has featured in every Commonwealth Youth Games programme, it made its maiden appearance in a full Commonwealth Games programme at the 2010 Commonwealth Games.
|Tennis at the 2010 Commonwealth Games|
|Date||4–10 October 2010|
|Location||R.K. Khanna Tennis Complex, Delhi, India|
|Somdev Devvarman (IND)|
|Anastasia Rodionova (AUS)|
|Paul Hanley / Peter Luczak (AUS)|
|Anastasia Rodionova / Sally Peers (AUS)|
|Jocelyn Rae / Colin Fleming (SCO)|
The tennis events were held from 4–10 October 2010, which clashed with the dates of the China Open, an ATP World Tour 500 and WTA Tour Premier Mandatory event. Despite initial concerns that governing bodies would fail to persuade their top players to compete in Delhi, several top tennis players competed for their countries, including Mahesh Bhupathi (India), Peter Luczak (Australia), Sania Mirza (India), Jamie Murray (Scotland), Leander Paes (India), and Anastasia Rodionova (Australia).
The deadline for submission of named players was 3 September 2010.
- Siri Fort Sports Complex - 9 courts
- RK Khanna Tennis Stadium - 6 courts
A total of 23 nations were represented by at least one player in either the men's singles, women's singles, men's doubles, women's doubles, or mixed doubles.
|Saint Vincent and the Grenadines||1||1|
- Number in brackets = players participating only in doubles
- "Tennis". Organising Committee Commonwealth Games 2010 Delhi. Retrieved 10 October 2010.
- "Paes Pleads for Countries to Participate in Commonwealth Games". TennisConnected.com. 18 January 2010. Retrieved 16 April 2010.
- "Scotland planning Murray swoop". The Herald. 1 May 2009. Retrieved 16 April 2010.
- "Lleyton Hewitt unlikely to play in Commonwealth Games". Herald Sun. 14 November 2009. Retrieved 16 April 2010.
- Swanton, Will (11 January 2010). "Bemused Hewitt questions relevance of Delhi Games". The Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 16 April 2010.