- The following is an archived discussion of the DYK nomination of the article below. Please do not modify this page. Subsequent comments should be made on the appropriate discussion page (such as this nomination's talk page, the article's talk page or Wikipedia talk:Did you know), unless there is consensus to re-open the discussion at this page. No further edits should be made to this page.
The result was: promoted by Yoninah (talk) 00:02, 22 September 2019 (UTC)
Created by Piotrus (talk). Self-nominated at 05:37, 13 September 2019 (UTC).
- I don't know about your math, - it's today or tomorrow, right. Please decide if the massacre needs a "the" as in the hooks, or not as in the article. I'll read further. --Gerda Arendt (talk) 07:26, 13 September 2019 (UTC)
- It needs copy-editing, and I'm not the one to do it right now, - busy day today. Sorry. --Gerda Arendt (talk) 07:30, 13 September 2019 (UTC)
- I'll ping User:Nihil novi, who sometimes help c/e Polish topics. --Piotr Konieczny aka Prokonsul Piotrus| reply here 10:22, 13 September 2019 (UTC)
- I've copyedited the article, and also the alternative DYK text. Please let me know of any questions or concerns.
- Thanks you. Nihil novi (talk) 11:48, 13 September 2019 (UTC)
- Thank you for the ce, - reads much clearer to me now. I'd still not know if we say big war crime or large war crime, and perhaps leave it out altogether? I prefer ALT1, therefore, and for giving a factual - horrible - number. Is there a way to replace "massacred", to avoid duplication of the term? --Gerda Arendt (talk) 13:46, 13 September 2019 (UTC)
- Ping User:Nihil novi. I guess we could say murdered instead? No objection to anyone editing the hook to change it like this, let's keep this moving so it could be DYKed close to the anniversary. --Piotr Konieczny aka Prokonsul Piotrus| reply here 14:40, 13 September 2019 (UTC)
- "Murdered" is fine. One of the "greatest" war crimes is good too, if you consider the first version.
- Nihil novi (talk) 22:05, 13 September 2019 (UTC)
- Approving ALT1 also with "murdered", actually preferred. --Gerda Arendt (talk) 22:22, 13 September 2019 (UTC)
- Interesting facts, on good-looking sources, however almost all in Polish, which I have to accept AGF. The only English source just references one figure, so I can't say anything about copyvio. --Gerda Arendt (talk) 18:43, 14 September 2019 (UTC)
- I've changed alt1 to use murdered per comments above. --Piotr Konieczny aka Prokonsul Piotrus| reply here 04:15, 15 September 2019 (UTC)