The Teka Group is a multinational company founded in Germany in 1924 and engaged in the manufacture and commercialisation of kitchen products. It specializes in sinks, exhaust hoods, hobs and ovens. The group has 14 factories in Europe, America and Asia and commercializes its products in 116 countries. The company has a workforce of 4,700 employees worldwide. Its products range from sinks and taps to ovens, induction hobs, extractor hoods and washing machines, among other electrical appliances.
Santander, Spain. Zug, Switzerland.
Number of locations
|Maximilian Brönner, Chairman of HERITAGE B.
Arturo Baldasano, Chairman of Teka Industrial, S.A.Dr. Stefan Hoetzl, CEO of Teka Group
|Products||Ovens, microwaves, hoods, gas cooktops, induction and glass-ceramic hobs. Refrigerators, freezers, washing machines, dryers, sinks, dishwashers, wine coolers, kitchen taps and kitchen accessories.|
|Brands||Teka http://www.teka.com http://www.mofem.hu/|
Number of employees
Maximilian Brönner is the Chairman of HERITAGE B, the holding to which the company belongs. Arturo Baldasano is the Chairman of Teka Industrial, S.A. Stefan Hoetzl is the CEO of Teka Group.
Since Teka set up in Spain in 1964, the group has expanded from Europe to the five continents. At the end of 2013, Peru became the 33rd country to have its own Teka offices. Years earlier, it began making inroads in China  where it now has a presence in several cities such as Kaiping, Weihai, and Shanghai. The Teka Group is growing rapidly in Asia through its subsidiaries in Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, China and Vietnam; in the Middle East, from its base in the Arab Emirates; Turkey and South America. It has launched a development plan in Africa, which includes both Maghreb and the south of the continent. In 2016 the Teka brand was relaunched in Australia & New Zealand through a partnership with local distributor Residentia Group.
The group's sales in Europe account for 80% of its turnover, followed by America and the Asia-Pacific region.
Teka Group activity is mainly based on kitchen and bath areas.
The company manufactures induction cooktops, glass-ceramic hobs, gas cooktops, ovens, microwaves and extractor hoods. It also produces and distributes kitchen and bathroom taps and bathroom fittings for public facilities and homes. The Teka Group commercializes its products under the brands Teka, Küppersbusch, Mofém, Thor and Vitrogar.
Teka Group is the multinational's largest company. Since its early stages, its production has focused mainly on the manufacture of stainless steel sinks, kitchens, ovens and extractor hoods. One of Teka's most important business areas is in the "White Goods Line", which refers to kitchen-related electrical appliances such as washing machines, refrigerators, freezers and dishwashers, among others. Since the outset, Teka has committed to integrating electrical appliances into kitchen furniture, a practice known as built-in or fitted kitchens. It has factories in Germany, Spain, Gafanha da Encarnação (Portugal), Italy, Scandinavia, Hungary, Mexico, Venezuela, Turkey, Indonesia and China.
Through its Vitrogar brand name, it enamel-coats both ovens and glass ceramic hobs, and is a noted supplier of ceramic glazed parts for cooling thermal power plants. It has factories in Weihai, China.
The company's Intra division is of Scandinavian origin, and manufactures sinks, sanitary components and stainless steel accessories for kitchens and bathrooms. It was founded in 1870. The company started designing and manufacturing washing sinks in stainless steel, and changed its name to Intra in the 1970s. The company expanded to kitchen products as well as other bathroom products, and hired industrial designers. In the 1980s it moved to Storsand in Malvik. The owners also bought a Swedish and a Danish company, creating the Intra Group. Intra's products are characterized by their unique design and are sold worldwide, though its main markets are in Norway, Sweden and Denmark.
Küppersbusch is a kitchen brand founded in 1875 by Friedrich Küppersbusch. It manufactures and sells electrical appliances for domestic kitchens. Its main service area is central Europe.
Strohm, founded in 2018, is an important provider of high-quality, design-oriented fittings for bathrooms. The company, spun off from the TEKA Group beginning of 2020, employs more than 500 employees worldwide. The diverse product range is manufactured in the two Strohm production facilities in Hungary and China and sold in over 50 countries on 4 continents.
This section does not cite any sources. (October 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Teka Group sponsors Racing de Santander, the first Spanish football team to have advertising on their uniforms. The company sponsored Real Madrid for eight years, during which time the team won two UEFA Champions Leagues and one Intercontinental Cup. It also sponsored the CB Cantabria handball team, the Teka Cycling Sports Group and in the Teka Suzuki Motocross Team. For several years, it also sponsored the World MX1 Motocross Championship.
In 2010, it was a sponsor in the second edition of the Barcelona World Race with a yacht that came second in a non-stop regatta for two crew members worldwide. The company also sponsors polo and motor racing (2013 Dakar Rally), both in Chile. It was a sponsor at the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi supporting the Hungarian two-time medal winner Imre Pulai in the luge event.
Real Madrid BasketEdit
Teka restarted its support of Real Madrid on 1 July 2014 by signing a sponsorship deal with Real Madrid Baloncesto for the following three seasons. Teka, who had been previously connected to the club having won major titles such as Euroleague 1995, 3 Spanish leagues, 1 Copa del Rey and 1 European cup, added to its previous wins the Endesa Super Cup 2014, when Real beat FC Barcelona Basquet 99-78.
- "Un fabricante integral. Visita a las instalaciones de Teka - Banco Santander". www.bancosantander.es (in Spanish). Retrieved 2018-02-07.
- "Baldasano, nuevo presidente de Teka". abc (in Spanish). Retrieved 2018-02-07.
- "TEKA INDUSTRIAL, S.A. | Construmática". Construmática.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 2018-02-07.
- "Teka Industrial reorganiza su estructura comercial en España - Electroimagen". electro-imagen.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 2018-02-07.
- Aragón, El Periódico de. "Teka inaugura su segunda fábrica de vitrificado en China con una inversión de 4,5 millones". El Periódico de Aragón (in Spanish). Retrieved 2018-02-07.
- "La meritoria supervivencia de Teka | | Capital". Capital. Revista Capital. www.capital.es (in Spanish). Retrieved 2018-02-07.
- "Estudiantes de CESINE visitan las instalaciones de TEKA en Santander - CESINE Universidad Privada". CESINE Universidad Privada (in Spanish). 2016-02-23. Retrieved 2018-02-07.
- "IE TEKA Awards for Design Talent". Archived from the original on 6 June 2014. Retrieved 6 June 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Heritage". www.heritage-b.com. Retrieved 2018-02-07.
- "Teka Industrial nombra a Arturo Baldasano nuevo presidente de la empresa". Expansion. 28 April 2014. Retrieved 28 April 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Arturo Baldasano, nuevo presidente de Teka Industrial". 28 April 2014. Retrieved 28 April 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Arturo Baldasano appointed Chairman of Teka Industrial". Archived from the original on 2 May 2014. Retrieved 28 April 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Teka IndustrialGroup appoints Martin Beck CEO of its Kitchen and Bathroom division". EuropaPress. 6 December 2012. Retrieved 14 May 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Teka inaugura oficina en guangzhou". ElEconomista. 20 Dec 2010. Retrieved 14 May 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "ESMA confers the Quality Mark to TEKA". Archived from the original on 6 June 2014. Retrieved 6 June 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Kitchen Appliances, ovens, hobs, hoods, tap| TEKA". teka.com. Retrieved 2018-02-07.
- "The best appliances for your kitchen | TEKA". teka.com. Retrieved 2018-02-07.
- "Bathroom ideas | TEKA". teka.com. Retrieved 2018-02-07.
- "Teka". teka.com. Retrieved 2018-02-07.
- Press, Europa (2009-10-22). "Teka inaugura su segunda fábrica de vitrificado en China con una inversión de 4,5 millones". europapress.es (in Spanish). Retrieved 2018-02-07.
- "HOME". www.intra-teka.com (in Norwegian). Retrieved 2018-02-07.
- "Teka will sponsor Real Madrid basketball for the next three seasons". Realmadrid.com. 1 July 2014. Retrieved 2 July 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "99-78: Endesa Super Cup winners!!". Web Real Madrid. 27 September 2014.
- "Rudy: "This Super Cup is a real achievement"". Web Real Madrid 1. 27 September 2014.
- "Florentino Pérez makes way down to dressing rooms to congratulate squad on Super Cup win". Web Real Madrid 2. 27 September 2014.
- "Real Madrid crowned Super Cup winners". Court Side. 27 September 2014.
- "Cups for three". Eurobasketball24. 28 September 2014.