3 Kanya or Teen Kanya (2012) is a Bengali psychological thriller film directed by Agnidev Chatterjee. The film tells a story of lives of three women. The characters are played by Rituparna Sengupta, Ananya Chatterjee and Unnati Davara.
|Directed by||Agnidev Chatterjee|
|Screenplay by||Sudipa Mukhopadhyay|
|Story by||Agnidev Chatterjee|
|Produced by||Rose Valley Films|
|Edited by||Santanu Mukherjee|
|Music by||Indradip Dasgupta|
The story of the film revolves around the lives of three women– Aparna, Damini and Nancy. Aparna is a journalist. She suspects that her husband is having an affair with Damini, an IPS officer. Aparna's husband is kidnapped. Aparna goes to meet Damini and a relationship between Aparna and Damini begins. Nancy is a call-girl who is raped. She lodges a complaint to the local council but it goes in vain. She then approaches a news channel where Aparna is a journalist, Aparna helps her to get justice.
- Main cast
- Rituparna Sengupta as Aparna Dutta
- Ananya Chatterjee as Nancy Sen
- Unnati Davara as Damini Mishra
- Rajatava Dutta as Subhash Sen
- Sudip Mukherjee as Rajatabha Dutta
- Biplab Chatterjee as Biswanath Banerjee
- Shankar Chakrabarty as Kali Babu
- Suman Bannerjee as Arijit Da
- Anindya Banerjee as Vicky
- Joydeep Ckhraborty (as a sweeper)
- Friendly appearance
- Guest appearance
|1.||"Golemale"||Srijato||Arijit Singh, Monali Thakur|
|2.||"Kono Ek Din"||4:12|
|3.||"Yaad Piya Ki"||Srijato||Shreya Ghoshal, Ustad Rashid Khan||4:19|
- "Rituparna's next is a psychological thriller". The Times of India. 18 October 2012. Archived from the original on 1 March 2013. Retrieved 2 November 2012.
- "Teen Kanya". The Times of India. 31 October 2012. Archived from the original on 3 January 2013. Retrieved 2 November 2012.
- "Ananya is Nancy". The Telegraph Calcutta. 6 June 2012. Retrieved 2 November 2012.