Tarsame Singh Saini
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (July 2020) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Tarsame Singh Saini (born 23 May 1967, Coventry, United Kingdom), also known as Taz Stereo Nation and previously Johnny Zee, is a British singer, composer and actor of Indian descent. He is the lead singer of the pop band Stereo Nation which was formed in 1996. He is credited with being the pioneer of cross-cultural Asian fusion music.
Taz – Stereo Nation
Taz – Stereo Nation at Chal Jhoothey Film Muhurat
|Birth name||Tarsame Singh Saini|
|Also known as||Johnny Zee / Taz Stereo Nation|
|Born||23 May 1967|
Coventry, West Midlands, United Kingdom
|Genres||Asian fusion music|
|Occupation(s)||Singer, composer, actor|
|Associated acts||Bohemia, Stereo Nation|
He first hit the charts in 1989 with the album "Hit the Deck" which spent over 36 weeks on the UK Asian pop chart at number one. The album was produced by Tom Lowry. He went on to produce many albums in the 1990s and early 2000s which were successful. To date, all but two of his albums have received gold platinum and multi-platinum discs. His most successful album to date is Slave II Fusion, released in 2000, which includes many of his most well-known hit songs including "Pyar Ho Gaya", "Nachenge Saari Raat", and "Gallan Gorian". His music videos also feature actors before they became famous. His video "Ishq" features model and actress Koena Mitra and "Pyar Ho Gaya" features actor Shiny Ahuja.
In 2007, he made his film debut with Don't Stop Dreaming, for which he also composed the soundtrack and did the playback singing. In 2008 he returned with his new album Jawani on the Rocks. His hit singles from this album include "Meri Nazron Mein Tu Hain" and "Hai Hai Jawani". In 2010, he released his album, Twist & Shout, which was a success. The 2020 single release, "Galan Goriyan", with Dhvani Bhanushali, which is a remake of the 2000 hit song, has amassed over 10 million views on YouTube.
- Hit the Deck (1989)
- The Remix Album (1990)
- Vibes (1991)
- Back to My Roots (1992)
- From me to You (1993)
- Spirits of Rhythm (1994)
- New Dawn (1995)
- I've Been Waiting (1996)
- Jambo (1998)
- Nasha (1999)
- Slave II Fusion [Oh Laila] (2000)
- Tazmania (2002)
- Cafe Mumbai [Apna Sangeet] (2003/2004)
- Jawani on the Rocks (2008)
- Rewind Selekta (2009)
- Twist & Shout (2010)
- Desi & U know it (2012)
Taz has also contributed to the soundtracks for the following films:
- "Born Tarsem Singh Saini, aka Taz, the UK-based singer had struck a chord with the motley of music lovers across the world“ -Sunday, 15 August 2010, Chandigarh, India, Tribuneindia.com
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 3 May 2012. Retrieved 2 May 2012.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "PlanetRadiocity.com - Radio, Hindi Songs, Wallpapers, Hindi Lyrics, Bollywood Videos, Celebrity News". Planetradiocity.com. Retrieved 18 July 2020.
- "Artists unite to celebrate British Asian Music". Archived from the original on 10 January 2011. Retrieved 24 August 2010.