Tamás Varga (water polo)
Tamás Varga (born 14 July 1975 in Szolnok) is a Hungarian water polo player. He was a member of the gold medal winning Hungary men's national water polo team at the 2004 Athens Olympics and the 2008 Beijing Olympics, and was also a member of the squad that finished 5th at the 2012 London Olympics.
|Born||14 July 1975 (age 44)|
- Elektrosoft SE Szolnok ( ____–1994)
- Vasas-Plaket (1994–1996)
- Catania (1996–____ )
- Vasas-Plaket-Euroleasing (2000–2004) 2x
- Sportiva Nervi (2004–2005)
- Újpesti TE-VB Leasing (2005–2006)
- Chiavari (2006–2007)
- Szeged Beton (2007–2009)
- Akademija Cattaro (2009–2010)
- FTC-Fischer Klíma (2010–2011)
- Debrecen (2011–2015)
Varga has additionally had summer league club stints in Malta with Sliema (2007, 2010), respectively.
- Olympic Games: Gold medal - 2004, 2008
- World Championships: Gold medal - 2003
- European Championship: Silver medal - 1995; Bronze medal - 2001, 2008
- FINA World League: Gold medal - 2003, 2004
- Junior World Championships: (Gold medal - 1995; Bronze medal - 1993)
- Junior European Championship: (Gold medal - 1994)
- LEN Cup Winners (2): (2009 - with Szeged; 2010 - with Akademija Cattaro)
- Hungarian Cup (Magyar Kupa): 3x (1996 (1), 2001, 2002 - with Vasas)
- Masterly youth athlete: 1994, 1995
- Member of the Hungarian team of year: 2003, 2004, 2008
- Officer's Cross of the Order of Merit of the Republic of Hungary (2004)
- Commander's Cross of the Order of Merit of the Republic of Hungary (2008)
- Ministerial Certificate of Merit (2012)
- Evans, Hilary; Gjerde, Arild; Heijmans, Jeroen; Mallon, Bill. "Tamás Varga". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC.
- "Tamás Varga". London2012.com. Archived from the original on 2013-05-02.
- "Olimpikonok kitüntetése a Parlamentben" (in Hungarian). Hungarian Olympic Committee. 29 August 2008. Archived from the original on 5 August 2012. Retrieved 27 January 2012.
|This biographical article relating to a Hungarian sports person is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|