This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2022)
|• Mayor||Takeshi Ōmori|
|• Total||334.02 km2 (128.97 sq mi)|
|• Density||12/km2 (31/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+09:00 (JST)|
|City hall address||11 Misakichō, Ishigaki-shi, Okinawa-ken|
|Butterfly||Great orange tip|
The town includes all of the islands in the Yaeyama Islands excluding Ishigaki, Yonaguni, and the Senkaku Islands. This includes the islands of Iriomote, Yubu, Taketomi, Kohama, Kuroshima, Hateruma, and Hatoma. Although Ishigaki is not part of the town of Taketomi, the town hall is located there.
As of October 2016, the town has an estimated population of 4,050 and the population density of 12 inhabitants per square kilometre (31/sq mi). The total area is 334.02 square kilometres (128.97 sq mi).
Hateruma Airport is located on Hateruma Island in Taketomi.
Combined elementary and junior high schools include:
- Funauki Elementary and Junior High School (竹富町立船浮小中学校) - Iriomote Island
- Hateruma Elementary and Junior High School (竹富町立波照間小中学校) - Hateruma
- Hatoma Elementary and Junior High School (竹富町立鳩間小中学校) - Hatoma
- Iriomote Elementary and Junior High School(竹富町立西表小中学校) - Iriomote Island
- Kohama Elementary and Junior High School (竹富町立小浜小中学校) - Kohama Island
- Kuroshima Elementary and Junior High School (竹富町立黒島小中学校) - Kuroshima Island
- Taketomi Elementary and Junior High School (竹富町立竹富小中学校) - Taketomi Island
Junior high schools include:
- Funaura Junior High School (竹富町立船浦中学校) - Uehara, Iriomote Island
- Ōhara Junior High School (竹富町立大原中学校) - Haemi, Iriomote Island
Elementary schools include:
- Komi Elementary School (竹富町立古見小学校) - Komi, Iriomote Island
- Ohara Elementary School (竹富町立大原小学校) - Haemi
- Shirama Elementary School (竹富町立白浜小学校) - Shirahama (白浜), Iriomote Island
- Uehara Elementary School (竹富町立上原小学校) - Uehara
For public senior high school students may attend schools of the Okinawa Prefectural Board of Education.
- "小中学校・小学校・中学校". Taketomi Town. Retrieved 14 July 2021.