|Regent of Tangerang|
14 March 1983 – 14 March 1993
|Preceded by||M. Syukur|
|Succeeded by||Syaifullah Abdulrachman|
|Born||2 February 1940|
Cirebon, West Java, Indonesia
|Years of service||1964-1993|
Sobirin was born in Cirebon, West Java, on 2 February 1940. He enrolled at the Indonesian Military Academy in Magelang, graduating in 1964 and being assigned to the cavalry units of the Indonesian Army. By the time of his retirement, Sobirin had reached the rank of major general.
He was sworn in as Tangerang's regent in March 1983. During one occasion in 1984, Sobirin personally beat up a policeman who were restricting entry for his motorcade into an unopened toll road. Due to this incident, there were reports that the Armed Forces considered to revoke his rank, but no such penalties occurred. His policies as regent included the implementation of a waste retribution fee for all households in the regency, and the development of the planned area Bumi Serpong Damai within the regency. Sobirin retired as brigadier general at the end of his term.
At the end of his tenure on 14 March 1993, the municipal council failed to elect the next regent on time, and hence his term was slightly extended. Following the expiry of his term, he was elected as chairman for Golkar's Jakarta branch, a position he held until 2001 when he resigned. He also served within the Jakarta Regional People's Representative Council, and was a delegate to the People's Consultative Assembly representing Jakarta. Following the fall of Suharto, Sobirin called for then-chairman of Golkar Harmoko to step down, saying that Harmoko had betrayed Suharto by asking for the latter to resign the presidency.
- Tunas, Eko; Z, Najib Kartapati; Sedjati, Uki Bayu (1996). Kebengalan dan kesalehan Tadjus Sobirin: tokoh tanggung dari kampung (in Indonesian). Lajnah Ikhtiar Jakarta. p. 2. ISBN 978-979-95141-0-3.
- Dharmasena (in Indonesian). Pusat Penerangan HANKAM. 1991. p. 30.
- "Tadjus Sobirin Restui Pencalonan Andi Achmad Dara". Tangerang Online (in Indonesian). 11 April 2019. Retrieved 24 January 2021.
- "Haji Tadjus Sobirin Dilantik Seusai SU MPR". Kompas (in Indonesian). 10 March 1983. Retrieved 24 January 2021.
- "Tadjus, Dangdut, dan Nasi Bungkus". Tempo (in Indonesian). 26 April 1997. Archived from the original on 12 September 2003. Retrieved 22 January 2021.
- "Tiap Rumah di Tangerang Kena Retribusi Sampah". Kompas (in Indonesian). 29 December 1992. Retrieved 24 January 2021.
- Tempo (in Indonesian). Badan Usaha Jaya Press Jajasan Jaya Raya. 1989.
- "KSAD Jenderal Wismoyo: Pertaruhkan Segalanya Hadapi Ancaman Terhadap Persatuan". Kompas. 12 November 1993. p. 1. Retrieved 16 April 2021.
- "Sudah Dua Periode Jabatan Bupati Tangerang Diperpanjang". Kompas (in Indonesian). 13 March 1993. Retrieved 22 January 2021.
- "Calon Kuat Ketua DPD Golkar DKI Jakarta". Warta Banten (in Indonesian). 27 February 2020. Retrieved 24 January 2021.
- "Ketua Golkar Jakarta Diberhentikan". liputan6.com (in Indonesian). 21 June 2001. Retrieved 24 January 2021.
- Legislatif Jaya (in Indonesian). Humas DPRD DKI Jakarta. 1993.
- Novianto, Kholid (2004). Akbar Tandjung dan Partai Golkar era reformasi (in Indonesian). Sejati-Press. p. 32. ISBN 978-979-99100-0-4.