|Full name||Turn- und Sportverein 1859 Roth e. V.|
|2007–08||Bezirksoberliga Mittelfranken (VI), 9th|
For most of its history the club has been a non-descript amateur side in local Bavarian football. The club's most successful era began in 1970 when it earned promotion to the tier four Landesliga Bayern-Mitte after a championship in the Bezirksliga Mittelfranken-Süd. Roth immediately became a top side in this league, finishing fourth in its first season there. A second place followed in 1972 and a league championship the season after. The later earned the club promotion to the Bayernliga, the third tier of the German football league system in Bavaria.
TSV spend the 1973–74 season in the Bayernliga but finished last and was immediately related again, never to return to this level again.
Back in the Landesliga the club could not perform on the same level as before the promotion, instead constantly struggling against relegation. Four seasons at this level followed in which a thirteenth place in 1977 was the club's best result but relegation back to the Bezirksliga followed the year after. The club earned promotion to the Bezirksoberliga Mittelfranken for a season in 1990, a league introduced in 1988, after runners-up finish in the Bezirksliga Mittelfranken-Süd. Between 1999 and 2001 the club dropped even further, to the Kreisliga, but made a recovery after three seasons there.
The club experienced a revival in the last few seasons of its existence, earning promotion to the Bezirksoberliga Mittelfranken in 2006 and immediately becoming a top side in this league. After the merger in 2008 the new club, TSG Roth, inheritated the old club's league place.
The club's honours:
|2005-06||Bezirksliga Mittelfranken-Süd||1st ↑|
- With the introduction of the Bezirksoberligas in 1988 as the new fifth tier, below the Landesligas, all leagues below dropped one tier. With the introduction of the Regionalligas in 1994 and the 3. Liga in 2008 as the new third tier, below the 2. Bundesliga, all leagues below dropped one tier. With the establishment of the Regionalliga Bayern as the new fourth tier in Bavaria in 2012 the Bayernliga was split into a northern and a southern division, the number of Landesligas expanded from three to five and the Bezirksoberligas abolished. All leagues from the Bezirksligas onwards were elevated one tier.
|↑ Promoted||↓ Relegated|
- TSG Roth website (in German) accessed: 4 September 2014
- Bezirksliga Mittelfranken-Süd tables & results Manfreds Fussball Archiv, accessed: 4 September 2014
- Landesliga Bayern-Mitte tables & results Archived 2014-08-27 at the Wayback Machine Manfreds Fussball Archiv, accessed: 4 September 2014
- Bayernliga results & tables Das Deutscher Fussball Archiv, accessed: 4 September 2014
- Bezirksoberliga Mittelfranken tables & results Archived 2011-07-19 at the Wayback Machine Manfreds Fussball Archiv, accessed: 4 September 2014
- Das deutsche Fußball-Archiv (in German) Historical German domestic league tables
- Fussball.de - Ergebnisse (in German) Tables and results of all German football leagues