TOM'S Co., Ltd (株式会社トムス Kabushiki-gaisha Tomusu) is a factory supported racing team and tuner of Toyota and Lexus vehicles. The name stands for Tachi Oiwa Motor Sport. Their head office is located in Tokyo, Japan. They are currently heavily involved with Super GT, Super Formula and Japanese Formula 3. TOM'S creates aftermarket parts for current Toyota vehicles, and have also created their own special edition of certain current Lexus models.
|Industry||Automobile tuning & parts manufacturer for street and motorsports|
|Founder||Nobuhide Tachi and Kiyoshi Oiwa|
|Nobuhide Tachi and Kiyoshi Oiwa, President|
|Products||Automobile tuning and racing products|
|Owner||Nobuhide Tachi and Kiyoshi Oiwa|
TOM'S stands for Tachi Oiwa Motor Sports. As cited in the TOM'S English website, TOM'S was established in 1974 by Nobuhide Tachi and Kiyoshi Oiwa. Despite an oil crisis at the time, the two were able to show productive results and a healthy development of motorsports for Toyota. With the support of Toyota, TOM'S went into business in 1974.
In 1975 the Toyota Motor Corporation officially recognized TOM'S as an authorized tuning shop. In 1978, the firm opened a garage in the Tama area of Tokyo. The tuning firm expanded to Norfolk, England with branch openings in 1987. TOM'S entered the Japanese Formula 3 as an engine tuner in 1981. In 1987 the company open a British factory to produce Formula 3 engines for Europe. They also were F3 chassis manufacturers from 1991 to 1997.
In 1993, TOM'S produced vehicles for the Japanese Formula 3000. In 1994, the firm marked its 20th anniversary with "TOM'S Angel T01", a commemorative model. 1995 saw the lightweight sports car series T101, T082, and T020. In 2003, TOM'S modified vehicles entered the All Japan F3 Championship group of the All Japan GT Championship.
List of TOM'S complete carsEdit
- F070M Celsior (Lexus LS 400/430)
- F070 Celsior (Lexus LS 400/430)
- Z382 Soarer (Lexus SC)
- S741 Majesta (0-60, 4.6)
- S630 Aristo (Lexus GS300, GS400)
- S740 Athlete
- S970 Athlete
- S972 Estate
- X540 Chaser
- E910 Altezza (Lexus IS300)
- Toyota Altezza (Lexus IS200)RS200
- Land Cruiser
- V10 Mark-X 0-60, 3.8
- H125 Alphard
- W123 (MR-S)
- T020 (MR-2) 0-60, 4.9
- T111 (Corolla AE111 Trueno)
- P050 Vits 0-60, 5.8
- EP82 Starlet GT Turbo 0-60, 4.0
- "TOM'S SC430 (Wakisaka-Lotterer) Clinch Season Opener". SuperGT.net. 2006-03-19. Archived from the original on 2007-09-26. Retrieved 2007-05-06. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "From Japanese F3 we have the Tom's Team, who should never be underestimated". Motorsport.com. Archived from the original on 2011-06-07. Retrieved 2009-11-05. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "SC50, the Lexus Coupe by TOM'S". Nihon Car.com. Retrieved 2009-11-05.
- "Tom's套裝避震器 < 汽車知識庫 < 汽車新聞". www.carnews.com. Archived from the original on 2011-07-08. Retrieved 2009-11-05. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "TOM'S——TOYOTA御用改装品牌--汽车频道-中华网". auto.china.com. Retrieved 2009-11-05.
- "1997 Toyota Tom's Supra GT500 - Images, Specifications and Information". www.ultimatecarpage.com. Retrieved 2009-11-05.