Impact Wrestling Genesis
Genesis is an annual professional wrestling pay-per-view (PPV) event promoted by Impact Wrestling (formerly Total Nonstop Action Wrestling). The name was originally used on May 9, 2003, for a two-hour DirecTV special that highlighted early moments in TNA’s history.
|First event||Genesis (2005)|
Genesis was actually not amongst the original names used by TNA for its first twelve pay-per-view events, but ultimately was added to the rotation as the thirteenth pay-per-view name during a time of name shuffling on the part of TNA Management. All events but three have been held in the Impact Zone. Originally, Genesis was held in November, but was moved to January starting in 2009. For this reason, 2008 did not have a Genesis PPV event. There have only been five World Championship matches in the main event. Genesis was later televised as an Impact Wrestling television special on Spike TV on January 16, 2014, and on Pop in 2017 and 2018.
- "NWA-TNA Presents Genesis". Archived from the original on 2003-05-29. Retrieved 2007-09-16.
- "Genesis Returns on IMPACT Plus – IMPACT Wrestling". December 12, 2020. Retrieved December 13, 2020.
- Gerweck, Steve (2009-11-04). "Locations for first 3 TNA PPVs of 2010". WrestleView.com. Retrieved 2009-11-04.
- "Upcoming TNA PPV dates and locations in 2012". Wrestleview. November 29, 2011. Retrieved November 29, 2011.
- Lambert, Jeremy (December 12, 2020). "IMPACT Genesis Announced For January 2021". Fightful. Retrieved December 13, 2020.