Genesis (2009) was a professional wrestling pay-per-view (PPV) event produced by Total Nonstop Action Wrestling (TNA), which took place on January 11, 2009 at the Bojangles' Coliseum in Charlotte, North Carolina. It was originally scheduled to take place on November 9, 2008 at the Impact! Zone in Orlando, Florida, however, TNA moved Turning Point to that date instead. It was the fourth event under the Genesis chronology.
Promotional poster featuring Mick Foley
|Promotion||Total Nonstop Action Wrestling|
|Date||January 11, 2009|
|City||Charlotte, North Carolina|
Genesis featured eight professional wrestling matches that involved different wrestlers from pre-existing scripted feuds and storylines. Wrestlers portrayed villains, heroes, or less distinguishable characters in the scripted events that built tension and culminated in a wrestling match or series of matches.
X Division Championship Tournament bracketEdit
(TV - TNA Impact!)
(TV - Impact!)
(PPV - Genesis)
|Sheik Abdul Bashir|
Six-Man Elimination Tag Team MatchEdit
|Elimination||Wrestler||Eliminated by||Elimination Move||Time|
|1||Eric Young||Sonjay Dutt||Pinned after leg drop on ropes||10:33|
|2||Homicide||Jimmy Rave||Pinned by a Schoolboy||11:25|
|3||Kiyoshi||Hernandez||Pinned after Border Toss||12:45|
|4||Sonjay Dutt||Hernandez||Pinned after sitout powerbomb||13:03|
|5||Jimmy Rave||Hernandez||Pinfall after Diving splash||13:43|
- "January's "Genesis" Coming To Charlotte". Total Nonstop Action Wrestling. 2008-11-09. Archived from the original on December 16, 2008. Retrieved 2008-11-09.
- "TNA Genesis". prowrestlinghistory.com. Retrieved 2009-01-28.
- Banks, Bill (2007-12-30). "Upcoming TNA Pay-Per-Views and "iMPACT!" in Orlando live events". Total Nonstop Action Wrestling. Archived from the original on 2008-04-22. Retrieved 2008-01-07.
- Martin, Adam (2008-08-31). "Update on PPV plans for Genesis & Turning Point events this year - more". WrestleView. Archived from the original on 2008-09-03. Retrieved 2008-08-31.
- "Anthem, Impact announce Global Wrestling Network launch". Retrieved 20 March 2018.
- Grabianowski, Ed. "How Pro Wrestling Works". HowStuffWorks, Inc. Discovery Communications. Archived from the original on 2013-11-18. Retrieved 2014-03-02.
- Eck, K. (February 2003). "Big, poppa's back: Scott Steiner looks to pump up the action in WWE". Wrestling Digest. Archived from the original on 2007-05-25. Retrieved 2007-06-15.