Todd Jeffery "T. J." Duckett (born February 17, 1981) is a former American football running back in the National Football League. He was drafted by the Atlanta Falcons 18th overall in the 2002 NFL Draft and also played for the Washington Redskins, Detroit Lions and Seattle Seahawks. He played college football at Michigan State.
|No. 45, 36, 42, 44|
|Born:||February 17, 1981|
|Height:||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Weight:||261 lb (118 kg)|
|High school:||Kalamazoo (MI) Norrix|
|NFL Draft:||2002 / Round: 1 / Pick: 18|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
|Player stats at NFL.com|
Duckett participated in track & field, where he was a three-time state Class-A shot put champion. He held the state record in the shot put, from 1999 until 2016, at 20.42 meters (67 ft). In sprints, he was a member of the 4 × 100 m relay (42.59s) team and recorded a personal-best time of 10.6 seconds in the 100-meter dash. He was also timed at 4.45 seconds in the 40-yard dash and bench pressed 515 pounds.
On March 4, 2008, the Seattle Seahawks signed Duckett to a five-year contract worth $14 million. He served as a short-yardage back for the Seahawks. Duckett scored a touchdown on a one-yard run on September 14, 2008. Before the game, his number was changed from 45 to 42.
|Year||Team||Games||Carries||Yards||Yards per Carry||Longest Carry||Touchdowns||First Downs||Fumbles||Fumbles Lost|
|Year||Team||Games||Receptions||Yards||Yards per Reception||Longest Reception||Touchdowns||First Downs||Fumbles||Fumbles Lost|
T.J. has recently started New World Flood, a non-profit organization that goes into schools and teaches kids how they can start a flood of community service and kind acts in their school, town, city, and world.
In 2012, he started a nonprofit printing company for T-shirts and other clothing items.
- "T.J. Duckett Bio - Michigan State Official Athletic Site". msuspartans.com. Retrieved May 9, 2017.
- "FOX Sports on MSN: T.J. Duckett - Fantasy News". Archived from the original on October 20, 2007. Retrieved September 19, 2008.
- "T.J. Duckett Stats". ESPN Internet Ventures. Retrieved May 7, 2014.
- "New World Flood". New World Flood. Retrieved May 9, 2017.
- "Simple-T was created in 2011 by five individuals who believed in the power of charity and importance of generosity". www.simple-t.org. Archived from the original on March 8, 2013. Retrieved January 13, 2022.