A synthetic is an artificial material produced by organic chemical synthesis.
|Look up synthetic in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Synthetic may also refer to:
In the sense of both "combination" and "artificial"Edit
- Synthetic chemical or synthetic compress, produced by the process of chemical synthesis
- Synthetic organic compounds are tens of thousands of synthetic chemical compounds, all containing carbon, that are extremely useful, including medicines, rubbers, plastics, refrigerants, etc.
- Synthetic fuel
- Synthetic oil
- Synthetic marijuana
- Synthetic peptide
In the sense of "combination"Edit
In the sense of "artificial"Edit
- Synthetic biology
- Synthetic diamond
- Synthetic fibers, cloth or other material made from other substances than natural (animal, plant) materials
- Synthetic intelligence a term emphasizing that true intelligence expressed by computing machines is not an imitation or "artificial."
- Synthetic or constructed language, such as Esperanto
- Synthetic music, produced by a synthesizer, a machine to create artificial sound and music
- Synthetic chord in music theory
- Synthetic person or legal personality, characteristic of a non-human entity regarded by law as having the status of a person
- Synthetic elements, chemical elements that are not naturally found on Earth and therefore have to be created in experiments
- Synthetic data, are any data applicable to a given situation that are not obtained by direct measurement or from live system as described in synthetic data; terminology used in testing of software applications
- Synthetic monitoring, (also known as active monitoring) is website monitoring that is done using a web browser emulation or scripted recordings of web transactions
- Synthetic setae, emulate the anatomical processes found on various animals, including the feet of basilisk lizards and the toes of geckos