Swaragini - Jodein Rishton Ke Sur
This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2016)
Swaragini— Jodein Rishton Ke Sur (Swaragini— Join the Melody of Relationships) is an Indian television series, which premiered on 2 March 2015 on Colors TV. Based on the bittersweet relationship between two half-sisters, it starred Helly Shah, Tejasswi Prakash, Varun Kapoor, and Namish Taneja.
|Swaragini - Jodein Rishton Ke Sur|
|Also known as||Една съдба|
|Written by||Story |
Mahesh Pandey / Akash Deep
Screenplay and dialogues
Sharad C. Tripathi
|Directed by||Ravi Raj Taraknath Mourya|
|Opening theme||'Dhere naa...' |
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||469|
|Production locations||Kolkata |
|Camera setup||Multi camera|
|Running time||22 min approx|
|Production company||Rashmi Sharma Telefilms|
|Original network||Colors TV|
|Picture format||576i SDTV |
|Original release||2 March 2015 –|
14 December 2016
This show ended on 14 December 2016, completing 469 episodes.
Swara Bose (Helly Shah) is a girl from a liberal middle-class Bengali family, in and lives with her single mother Sharmishtha Bose (Parineeta Borthakur), and maternal grandmother Shobha Bose. On the other hand, Ragini Gadodia (Tejaswi Prakash) was brought up in a conservative traditional Marwari family, by her single father Shekhar Gadodia (Sachin Tyagi), and paternal grandmother Parvati Gadodia (Alka Kaushal). Swara and Ragini meet in college and become best friends. But their families who are neighbours despise each other and the girls don’t know why. Swara soon discovers that her mother and Ragini’s father were lovers and that Shekhar is her biological father. But his mother, Parvati who didn’t like Bengalis separated them and therefore Shekhar moved on to marry Janki and together they had Ragini. Ragini also finds out the truth and Swara and she now overjoyed, get their parents married with the help of Lakshya Maheshwari (Namish Taneja) who is Ragini's fiancé. Lakshya was not willing for this marriage. Ragini calls off their marriage because Lakshya secretly falls in love with Swara. Ragini begins to hate Swara when the latter returns Lakshya's affections. Swara and Lakshya get engaged. Enters Sanskaar Maheshwari (Varun Kapoor), Lakshya's cousin, who pretends to be mentally ill to seek revenge on Lakshya and his father Durga Prasad Maheshwari (Nagesh Salwan) because he thinks they're behind his girlfriend Kavita Roy (Nikita Sharma)'s death. Ragini comes to know about this and helps him ruin Swara and Lakshya's relationship.
Swara discovers Sanskaar's truth, clears his misunderstanding, and he apologizes to everyone. Ragini tricks Lakshya and marries him by making him believe that Swara betrayed him. Sharmishtha and Shekhar are separated because Sharmishtha believes Swara but Shekhar trusts Ragini. Swara enters Lakshya's house by pretending to be Sanskaar's wife. Sanskaar soon falls deeply in love with Swara, while helping her prove her innocence. They end up getting actually married. Lakshya discovers Ragini's truth. Swara, Sanskaar and Lakshya expose Ragini. Sharmishtha and Shekhar reunite and their daughters return to them. Ragini feigns memory loss to go back to Lakshya. Lakshya wants a relationship with Swara but she realises she loves Sanskaar and tells him she has already moved on. Ragini manipulates Sanskaar's mother Sujata (Sonica Handa) and Lakshya's mother Annapurna (Shalini Kapoor Sagar) against Swara by making it look like she is two timing their sons. Later, Ragini is exposed and Swara kicks her out of the house. Lakshya kidnaps Ragini and after Ragini is found, he tries to kill her. He eventually goes to jail. Parvati blackmails Durga Prasad into giving him his property to name Ragini as the owner of all his wealth in exchange for Lakshya's freedom from prison. Swara realises her love for Sanskaar but he refuses to accept her. Swara steals the property papers by replacing them with fake ones but her plan fails. Ragini becomes the owner and starts threatening the family. Swara doesn't want to divorce Sanskaar but Ragini is able to blackmail her into signing the papers.
Sanskaar's girlfriend Kavita is still alive and returns. Kavita and Sanskaar get engaged, but Kavita comes to know that Swara and Sanskaar love each other and calls off her engagement with him. Swara and Sanskar finally unite and start spending time with each other. Kavita starts planning and plotting against Swara with the help of Ragini's aunt Urvashi (Sonia Singh). Urvashi blames Sharmishtha for the death of Janki (Dalljiet Kaur), her sister and Ragini's mother. Kavita and Urvashi's plan fails. Swara and Ragini reunite and the latter apologises to everyone and changes for good. Ragini is looking for a new start with Lakshya but he has been faking the whole time in order to get revenge from Ragini after everything she put him and his family through. He tricks Ragini into signing divorce papers. Swara and Sanskaar get happily married. But Lakshya marries his secret lover Kavya Malhotra (Roop Durgapal), betraying Ragini. Kavya is evil and doesn’t really love Laksh. Swara and Ragini team up to expose her but Kavya retaliates by getting the whole family arrested. It is now upto Ragini to expose Kavya. Sensing no way out, Kavya fakes her death and the blames goes on Laksh and he is arrested. The family are bailed out whilst Laksh remains. Swaragini and Sanskaar know Laksh is innocent and hatch a plan to free him. During this time, Laksh realises he loves Ragini and regrets everything. Kavya returns and whilst trying to stab Laksh, Ragini intervenes and therefore she is injured. She survives and Laksh appears at her home with his family wanting her back but Ragini refuses recalling what he did to her and her family. Later, her parents realise she still loves him and therefore Ragini and Laksh get remarried and consummate their marriage. Swara and Sanskaar consummate their marriage as well.
Parineeta (Akansha Chamola), wife of Lakshya's brother Adarsh Maheshwari (Tarun Singh), gets jealous of Ragini and Swara as all the attention is on them. Sanskaar's sister Uttara (Khyati Mangla) falls in love with Rajat Lodha (Mohit Abrol). Rajat only wants Uttara for her wealth. Swara finds out and Uttara and Rajat's marriage is called off. Rajat kidnaps Swara and Sanskaar follows them. Sanskaar shoots Rajat and he falls off a cliff pulling Swara with him. Swara is saved by rockstar Sahil Sengupta (Anuj Sachdeva). She regains consciousness but loses her memory. Swara returns to her parents' house with Sahil. She only remembers Ragini, Shobha, and Sharmishtha. Sahil falls in love with Swara and comes to know that Swara was married to Sanskaar. Later Swara gets her memory back. Sahil kidnaps Swara but his mother Maya helps Swara escape and gets Sahil arrested.
Sharmishtha is pregnant but Parvati and the Maheshwari family are against her pregnancy. Sharmishtha has a fall and is admitted to the hospital. The doctor tells the family that Sharmishtha has had a miscarriage. Sanskaar and Lakshya's elder brother Adarsh tricked Durgaprasad into signing property papers and getting property transferred on his name. Adarsh and his wife Parineeta tell Maheshwari family to leave house. Actually, Parvati bribed a nurse and gives away Sharmishtha's baby to a beggar. Swara comes to know that Sharmishtha's baby is alive. Swara and Sanskaar go to an orphanage to inquire about Sharmishtha's baby and come to know that the baby has been adopted. Sharmishtha gets her baby back. Lakshya gets involved in the ‘drug business’ after their family has become financially stable because of Adarsh and Parineeta and Sanskaar and Lakshya have an argument and fight and Lakshya goes missing after that because of misunderstandings created by Adarsh. Seeing how heartbroken her sister is over Laksh’s ‘disappearance’ because of Sanskaar, Swara breaks all ties with him and both Ragini and she leave the mansion and move back to their parents.
Six months laterEdit
The show takes a six-month leap. Sanskaar tries to find Lakshya. Swara and Ragini are running business of wedding planners. Soon, Swara, Ragini and Sanskaar find that Lakshya was alive and he reveals that he was framed. Swara's childhood friend Nikhil Aggrawal (Pratap Hada) who arrived from Canada comes to help Swara and Ragini in their business. Lakshya is pretending to be Abhimanyu Khanna in Abhimanyu's house. Because Lakshya thought that Abhimanyu was accidentally killed because of him. He lives in Abhimanyu's house with Abhimanyu's wife Mansi and their daughter Mishka. Actually Nikhil and Mansi had an affair and Mishka is Nikhil and Mansi's daughter. They had planned to kill Abhimanyu to get his property. Swara, along with Ragini, Sanskaar expose Mansi and Nikhil Aggrawal. The two couples reunite, and all misunderstandings are cleared. Lakshya and Ragini adopt Mishka. The show ends and all live happily ever after.
- Helly Shah as Swara Gadodia/ Swara Sanskaar Maheshwari: Sharmishta and Shekhar's daughter; Ragini's half-sister; Sanskaar's wife (2015–2016)
- Tejasswi Prakash as Ragini Gadodia/Ragini Lakshay Maheshwari: Janki and Shekhar's daughter; Swara's half-sister; Lakshya's wife; Mishka's adoptive mother (2015–2016)
- Varun Kapoor as Sanskaar Maheshwari: Sujata and Ram's son; Uttara's brother; Swara's husband (2015–2016)
- Namish Taneja as Lakshya Maheshwari: Annapurna and Durgaprasad's son; Adarsh's brother; Ragini's husband; Mishka's adoptive father (2015–2016)
- Parineeta Borthakur as Sharmishtha Gadodia Bose, Shekhar’s second wife; Swara's mother, Ragini's stepmother (2015–16)
- Sachin Tyagi as Shekhar Gadodia, Sharmistha’s husband; Swara and Ragini's father (2015–16)
- Anuj Sachdeva as Sahil Sengupta; Swara’s friend
- Shalini Kapoor Sagar as Annapurna Maheshwari, Lakshya and Adarsh's mother (2015–16)
- Nagesh Salwan as Durga Prasad Maheshwari, Lakshya and Adarsh's father; Ram Prasad’s brother(2015–16)
- Sonica Handa as Sujata Maheshwari, Sanskaar and Uttara's mother (2015–16)
- Amar Sharma as Ram Prasad Maheshwari, Sanskaar and Uttara's father; Durgaprasad’s brother (2015–16)
- Tarun Singh as Adarsh Maheshwari, Lakshya's older brother; Parineeta’s husband (2015–16)
- Ekta Methai 2015/Khyati Mangla 2015-16 as Uttara Ram Prasad Maheshwari, Sanskaar's sister; Adarsh and Laksh’s cousin (2015–16)
- Akansha Chamola as Parineeta Maheshwari, Adarsh's wife (2015–16)
- Alka Kaushal as Parvati Gadodia, Swara and Ragini's grandmother (2015–16)
- Abhijeet Lahiri as Deendayal Gadodia, Swara and Ragini's grandfather (2015–16)
- Tanima Sen as Shobha Bose, Swara's grandmother (2015)
- Tasheen Shah as Mishka Laksh Maheshwari, Mansi's daughter later Lakshya and Ragini's adopted daughter (2016)
- Mughdha Shah as Sulekha, Parineeta's mother (2016)
- Mohit Abrol as Rajat Lodha, Uttara's ex-fiancé (2016)
- Roop Durgapal as Tanya Malhotra/Kavya, Lakshya's ex-wife (2016)
- Mayur Verma as Karthik Malhotra, Kavya's brother (2016)
- Nikita Sharma as Kavita Roy, Sanskars ex-fiancée (2015–16)
- Sonia Singh as Urvashi Kataria, Ragini's aunt (2016)
- Sonia Shah as Kaveri Roy, Kavita's mother (2016)
- Nupur Alankar as Gayatri Bhandari, Chirag's mother (2016)
- Manoj Chandila as Chirag Bhandari, Uttara's ex-fiancé (2016)
- Pratap Hada as Nikhil Chatterji, Swara's childhood friend (2016)
- Dalljiet Kaur as Janki Gadodia, Ragini's biological mother; Shekhar’s first wife (2015, 2016)
- Deepika Padukone and Ranveer Singh; to promote Bajirao Mastani
- Salman Khan and Sonam Kapoor; to promote Prem Ratan Dhan Payo
- Nishant Singh Malkani; Dance Performance
- Sanjeeda Sheikh; Dance performance
- Dipika Kakar as Simar from Sasural Simar Ka
- Karan Johar, Malaika Arora and Kirron Kher as judges of India's Got Talent
|Sr No.||Air Date||Serials|
|1||February 19, 2016||Ishq Ka Rang Safed||Thapki Pyar Ki||Sasural Simar Ka|
|2||March 10, 2016||Ishq Ka Rang Safed||Thapki Pyar Ki||Sasural Simar Ka|
|3||March 17, 2016||Thapki Pyar Ki||Sasural Simar Ka||Balika Vadhu|
|4||March 29, 2016||Thapki Pyar Ki||Sasural Simar Ka||Udaan|
|5||April 8, 2016||Thapki Pyar Ki||Sasural Simar Ka||Udaan|
|6||April 21, 2016||Ishq Ka Rang Safed||Thapki Pyar Ki||Sasural Simar Ka|
|7||May 12, 2016||Sasural Simar Ka||Udaan||Swaragini|
|8||May 20, 2016||Thapki Pyar Ki||Sasural Simar Ka||Udaan|
|9||May 26, 2016||Thapki Pyar Ki||Sasural Simar Ka||Balika Vadhu|
Swaragini has been dubbed in Tamil on Raj TV as Ganga Yamunaa. It has also been remade in Bengali as Kajallata which airs on Colors Bangla and dubbed in Arabic for MBC Bollywood. It was dubbed in Turkish as Biçak Sirti on Kanal 7.
|2015||Gold Awards||Best Actor In A Negative Role (Female)||Alka Kaushal||Nominated|
|Indian Television Academy Awards||Best Actor In A Negative Role (Female)||Tejasswi Prakash||Nominated|
|2016||Golden Petal Awards||Best Serial||Swaragini||Nominated|
|Most Stylish Personality||Tejasswi Prakash||Nominated|
|Best Actor(Debut)||Namish Taneja||Nominated|
|Best Character In A Comic Role||Sonica Handa||Nominated|
|Best Actress In Supporting Role||Parineeta Borthakur||Nominated|
|Best Actress||Helly Shah||Won|
|Best Actor||Varun Kapoor||Won|
|Favourite Jodi||Varun Kapoor & Helly Shah||Won|
- "Swaragini episodes". Swaragini. 14 November 2014. Archived from the original on 13 May 2018. Retrieved 15 November 2014.
- "Colors unveils a new note on family relationships with 'Swaragini'". www.bestmediaifo.com. Archived from the original on 2 January 2016. Retrieved 13 May 2018.
- Sharma, Priyanka (16 November 2016). "Helly Shah, Varun Kapoor show Swaragini to go off air in December". The Indian Express. Archived from the original on 2 August 2017. Retrieved 6 July 2017.
- "Colors' show 'Swaragini' zooms in on Kolkata's hotspots". 28 February 2015. Archived from the original on 11 May 2015.
- "Swara is strong, independent, bubbly yet sensitive: Helly Shah". 27 February 2015. Archived from the original on 25 September 2015.
- "My character in Swaragini is of an obedient traditional girl: Tejaswi". 28 February 2015. Archived from the original on 2 August 2017.
- "Swaragini: Tejaswi Prakash Wayangankar aka Ragini to QUIT the show?". 14 December 2015. Archived from the original on 30 July 2017.
- "Varun Kapoor's 'challenging' role in 'Swaragini'". Archived from the original on 19 November 2015. Retrieved 11 September 2015.
- "Namish Taneja is back as lead in 'Ikyawann' - Times of India". timesofindia.com. Archived from the original on 18 September 2017. Retrieved 11 April 2018.
- "Roop Durgapal to enter Swaragini - Times of India". timesofindia.com. Archived from the original on 6 March 2016. Retrieved 13 May 2018.
- "Raj TV to air Hindi serial Swaragini in Tamil". The Times of India.