Swan View, Western Australia
Swan View is an eastern suburb of Perth, Western Australia. Its local government areas are the City of Swan and the Shire of Mundaring. It is 25 kilometres (16 mi) from Perth in the Perth Hills on the edge of the Darling Scarp, just to the west of the John Forrest National Park, east of Roe Highway and north of the Great Eastern Highway.
Perth, Western Australia
|Population||8,027 (2011 census)|
|• Density||1,100/km2 (2,848/sq mi)|
|Area||7.3 km2 (2.8 sq mi)|
|Location||6 km (4 mi) from Midland|
Today, Swan View is served by Transperth buses from Midland, operated by the Public Transport Authority, while the Transwa Avonlink/Prospector railway line to Northam and beyond runs along Swan View's western edge.
Swan View is bounded by the Avonlink/Prospector railway line to the west, the former railway (now part of the Railway Reserves Heritage Trail) to the south, John Forrest National Park to the east, and a line east from Blackadder Creek (in part incorporating O'Connor Road and Murchison Drive) to the north. The suburb is almost entirely residential and parkland.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "Swan View (State Suburb)". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 30 December 2019.
- "Greenmount P. & C. Association". The Swan Express. LIV (32). Western Australia. 13 August 1953. p. 7. Retrieved 2 February 2021 – via National Library of Australia.
- "SWAN View Show". The Swan Express. L (29). Western Australia. 21 July 1949. p. 5. Retrieved 2 February 2021 – via National Library of Australia.
- Watson, Lindsay (1995). The railway history of Midland Junction : commemorating the centenary of Midland Junction, 1895-1995. Swan View, W.A: L " S Drafting in association with the Shire of Swan and the Western Australian Light Railway Preservation Association. ISBN 0-646-24461-2.
- 2006 StreetSmart directory, Department of Lands and Surveys, Perth.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Swan View, Western Australia.|