|Years active||2011 - 2014|
|Height||5 ft 6 in (168 cm)|
Born in Trivandrum to Malayali parents Sindhu and Santosh Kumar, who is a former Colonel in the Indian Army, she did her schooling in various schools around the country. She is a B.A., LL.B(law) graduate, Bharatanatyam dancer and plays the veena. She currently resides in Bengaluru. Even though Surabhi shares a similar name with 2 other active south-Indian actress Surbhi and Surabhi Lakshmi, she wanted to keep her birth name as a tribute to her parents.
Surabhi made her acting debut in veteran filmmaker S. Narayan's action drama film, Dushtaa (2011) opposite Pankaj. She then appeared in Jataayu, another Kannada film in 2013. During the release of the film, another co-star Roopashri was critical of the team for featuring Surabhi heavily in the promotions ahead of her.
In 2017, her long delayed Tamil film, Aayirathil Iruvar (2017) by Saran was released after being in production for three years. Featuring her opposite Vinay, the actress was named Swasthika by the director, for this film.
After a short break of three years taken to complete her graduate degree, she returned to acting with the Kannada film, 2nd Half. When the film hit theatres, her role in it was widely appreciated by critics and audience alike. The New Indian Express, in its review, wrote "Surabhi Santhosh is the soul of the film with the revolving mostly around her. Even though she doesn't have much screen space, 2nd Half doesn't make for a complete picture without her". Sandalwood Cinema mentioned "Surabhi Santhosh is also a terrific performer you cannot miss" while CiniBuzz appreciated her choice of comeback film, stating that, "Surabhi in her come back to Kannada cinema after four years has picked a good role. She is a treat to watch on screen".
Surabhi has marked her debut in Malayalam with the 2018 film Kuttanadan Marpappa in which Kunchacko Boban plays the lead. Her next release in Malayalam, director Sugeeth's fantasy-horror film Kinavalli was well received and opened to positive reviews. Her character in the film was appreciated with Deccan Chronicle and The Times of India stating that she, along with the other actors in the film, "delivered a commendable performance" and "performed well" respectively, while K.R. Rajeesh from Nowrunning.com wrote "Surabhi is the pick of the debutants and her notable performance keeps the grace intact while considering the fantasy theme."
Her first release in 2019 was the Malayalam film An International Local Story directed by the established actor/comedian Harisree Ashokan. She was later seen in My Great Grandfather with actor Jayaram. She essayed a cameo role in Margamkali directed by Sreejith Vijayan with whom she had earlier worked in Kuttanadan Marpappa and in Kalidas Jayaram-starrer Happy Sardar.
|2017||Aayirathil Iruvar||Bhumika||Tamil||credited as Swasthika|
|2019||An International Local Story||Lachu|
|2019||My Great Grandfather||Sharon|
|2019||Happy Sardar||Punjabi Girl||Guest appearance|
|2021||Anuradha Crime No.59/2019||Panchami|
Awards and nominationsEdit
|2019||SIIMA Awards||Best debut (Malayalam)||Nominated|
- "A surprise entry". Deccan Chronicle. 15 May 2018. Retrieved 1 January 2020.
- "I won't change the name my parents gave me" Check
- "Dushta shooting in brisk progress". Archived from the original on 6 December 2018.
- "Jatayu releases this week". sify.com. Archived from the original on 21 September 2017. Retrieved 21 September 2017.
- "Roopashri cries foul against Jatayu director Raj - Chakpak". www.chakpak.com. Retrieved 21 September 2017.
- "Finally a release date for Aayirathil Iruvar". www.bioscoops.com. Retrieved 21 September 2017.
- Raghavan, Nikhil (16 August 2014). "Back after a break". Retrieved 21 September 2017 – via www.thehindu.com.
- "Swastika Latest Stills From Aayirathil Iruvar Movie – Actress Photos". actress-photos.com. Retrieved 21 September 2017.
- "Her 2nd Half in Sandalwood".
- "I'm looking at 2nd Half as a comeback".
- "'2nd Half' review: Priyanka Upendra carries the film on her shoulders".
- "Movie Review: Priyanka Upendra rocks 2nd Half, definitely Recommended".
- "SECOND HALF FIRST CLASS".
- "looks crucial in film industry".
- "Newcomers to shine is Sugeeth's next".
- "Kinavalli review".
- "Kinavalli review".
- "Kinavalli review".
- "Harishree Ashokan's maiden directorial promises a laugh riot". Onmanorama. 3 February 2019.
- Shrijith, Sajin (27 May 2019). "My Great Grandfather is a comedy of errors". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 18 September 2019.
- "SIIMA 2019 nominatios".