Supreme Court of Somaliland
The Supreme Court of Somaliland (SCS) (Somali: Maxkamadda Sare ee Jamhuuriyadda Somaliland; Arabic: المحكمة العليا في صوماليلاند) is the highest court under the Constitution of Somaliland. The Court holds the power of judicial review, the ability to invalidate a statute for violating a provision of the Constitution. it has ultimate and extensive appellate, original, and advisory jurisdictions on all courts (including the district court and regional court), involving issues of laws and may act on the verdicts rendered on the cases in context in which it enjoys jurisdiction. The court is headed by the Chief Justice of Somaliland who is appointed by the President of Somaliland, the current President of the Court is Adan Haji Ali.
|Supreme Court of |
the Republic of Somaliland
|Maxkamadda Sare ee Jamhuuriyadda Somaliland |
المحكمة العليا في صوماليلاند
|Location||Maroodi Jeex, Hargeisa|
|Authorized by||Constitution of Somaliland|
|Number of positions||14|
|Chief Justice of Somaliland|
|Currently||Adan Haji Ali|
|Since||3 June 2015|
- "Somaliland oo ansixisay Gudoomiyaha Maxkamadda sare" (in Somali). Retrieved 3 June 2015.
- "Somaliland Partners Consult with Chief Justice of the Supreme Court". Somaliland. Retrieved 16 March 2020.
- "Somaliland: Supreme court presides over the swearing in of Haji Abdi Warabe's replacement". Somaliland Standard. Retrieved 16 March 2020.
- "Somaliland: The Supreme Court sits Awdal and Gabiley". Somaliland Standard. Retrieved 16 March 2020.
- "Somaliland: The Challenges Facing the New Chief Justice". Som Tribune. Retrieved 16 March 2020.