A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (August 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Superior Essex is the parent brand of Essex Magnet Wire, Superior Essex Communications, and Essex Brownell. It has over 3,000 employees in 11 countries. Essex is among the leading global manufacturers of magnet wire. It is active in the electrification of the automotive, energy, and industrial sectors.
1930 (Essex Wire Corporation)
1954 (Superior Cable)
|Headquarters||Atlanta, United States|
|Brian Kim (CEO)|
|Products||Magnet Wire, Communication Cables|
|Revenue||$2.99 billion (2007)|
Number of employees
Superior Essex Communications is a manufacturer and supplier of communications cable in North America. It is active in the development of power over Ethernet applications, intelligent buildings and smart cities, and 5G Fiber infrastructure as part of the Cisco Digital Ceiling ecosystem.
Essex Brownell is a North American distributor of lead wire, motors, drives, electrical and electronic insulation, tapes, repair parts, and shop and test equipment. Essex Brownell operates 16 facilities in the United States, Mexico and Canada.
In April 1999, Superior Essex was formed by a merger of Essex Wire Corporation and Superior Cable.
Superior Essex's PowerWise cable won a 2018 Top Product of the Year Award for its 4PPoE innovation, and it was also the first cable manufacturer to ever be awarded the International Living Future Institute's Living Product Challenge certification for its Category 6+ low smoke, halogen free (LSHF) cable.
- United States
- United Kingdom
- "Company History". Spsx.com. Retrieved December 25, 2015.
- "Superior Essex Inc. Reports Fourth Quarter 2007 Results". Spsx.com. Retrieved December 25, 2015.
- https://web.archive.org/web/20110702231502/http://www.theallianceonline.com/news-releases/superior-essex-to-expand-manufacturing-operations. Archived from the original on July 2, 2011. Retrieved August 31, 2012. Missing or empty
- "Magnet Wire Market Analysis by Growth Application, Segmentations and Forecast to 2024". MarketWatch. Retrieved June 14, 2019.
- "Superior Essex CAT 6+ LSHF Cable | Living-Future.org". International Living Future Institute. September 11, 2017. Retrieved June 14, 2019.
- "Superior Essex expands PoE application offerings with PowerWise Fiber". LEDs Magazine. March 30, 2016. Retrieved June 14, 2019.
- "Cisco Digital Ceiling Partner Ecosystem". Cisco. Retrieved June 14, 2019.
- "UPDATE 1-LS Cable buys Superior Essex for $900 million". Reuters. June 11, 2008. Retrieved December 25, 2015.
- "Superior Essex". Environmental Leader. Retrieved June 14, 2019.
- "Superior Essex Sets the Standard for Sustainability with First Living Product Certification for Communications Cabling". www.businesswire.com. November 7, 2017. Retrieved June 14, 2019.
- "Superior Essex Manufacturing Facilities". Superioressex.com. Retrieved December 25, 2015.
- "South Korea's Essex to start building plant in Zrenjanin in March – Plan to employ 200 workers". www.ekapija.com. Retrieved March 1, 2018.
- "Essex Group, Inc.'s Magnet Wire Division Acquires Malaysia Magnet Wire Facility". Retrieved March 1, 2018.