|Occupation||Comedian, Actor, Voice actor|
|Known for||Stage comedy|
In 2010, he wrote and directed a comedy film, Bhavnao Ko Samjho, which featured a record 51 stand-up comedians including Siraj Khan, Johnny Lever, Raju Srivastav, Kapil Sharma, Navin Prabhakar, Ahsaan Qureshi and many more.
Sunil Pal was born in 1975 in a Middle class Marathi speaking family in Mursa village in Bhadravati Taluka of Chandrapur district, Maharashtra. His father was a employee in Indian Railways. He studied in Janata Vidyalaya city branch school, Balharshah. He came to Mumbai in 1995 when his father got transferred. He joined the Junior College. There he used to mimic his professors and famous actors. After college, he struggled for three years.
During one of his interviews, he says that "I was working at a tea stall in Santacruz as waiter. Those days I'd sleep on the footpath. And I used to use the telephones of a nearby shop to keep in touch with my contacts in film industry."
The Great Indian Laughter ChallengeEdit
Later Sunil Pal contested in The Great Indian Laughter Challenge, and won the competition. He was the favourite of viewers, who were enthralled by his remarkable ability of impersonating many film actors (like Sunil Shetty, Nana Patekar, Sunny Deol, Dharmendra, Naseeruddin Shah, and Irrfan Khan) with commanding progress. In addition, his self-created character of the drunkard "Ratan Noora" was widely admired.
Soon after the show followed many small roles in Bollywood movies. So far he has worked in seven films. His first major Hindi film, Bombay to Goa released in 2007, although he has played small roles in Hum Tum and Phir Hera Pheri. On a tour with Sonu Nigam, he met Neeraj Vohra (writer and director) who later gave him a role in Phir Hera Pheri (2006). He has also worked in Apna Sapna Money Money and he has produced, written, and directed a film called Bhavnao ko Samjho. The film is in the Guinness Book of World Records for a record 51 stand up comedians acting in a single film. While the film was bashed by critics, audience members who follow The Great Indian Laughter Challenge enjoyed the film, due to the stand-up comedians acting in the film and jokes which were similar to the show.
|2006||Phir Hera Pheri||Munna Bhai's sidekick|
|2006||Apna Sapna Money Money||Matha Prasad's assistant|
|2007||Bombay to Goa (2007 film)||Lal Singh|
|2008||Krazzy 4||Taxi Yadav|
|2010||Bhavnao Ko Samjho||Sunderlal Yadav||also director|
|2014||Money Back Guarantee||also director|
|2015||Sasu Cha Swayamwar||Baji||Marathi film|
|2015||Main Hoon Rajinikanth||Arvind Mukherji The Khaas Aadmi|
|2015||Dirty Politics||Nathu Lal|
|2018||Teri Bhabhi Hai Pagle|
|2019||Sharma Ji Ki Lag Gayi|
|2005||The Great Indian Laughter Challenge - I||Contestant (Winner)||STAR One|
|2008||Comedy Champions||Contestant||Sahara One|
|2010||Comedy Circus Ke SuperStars||Contestant||Sony TV||with Priya Marathe|
- "Bharti Singh की Drugs Case में गिरफ्तारी पर बोले Comedian Sunil Pal और Raju Srivastava". Zee News Hindi. 21 November 2020. Retrieved 30 January 2021.
- "Sunil Pal gets candid about his upcoming film 'Lockdown To Unlock' | Hindi Movie News - Bollywood - Times of India". timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 30 January 2021.
- Team, Tellychakkar. "Before Kis Kisko Pyaar Karoon and Bhavnao Ko Samjho, Kapil made his acting debut 13 years back with THIS movie, READ MORE". Tellychakkar.com. Retrieved 30 January 2021.
- "Comedian Sunil Pal trapped by calling doctors as demons and impostors, FIR lodged - Oneindia". hindi.oneindia.com (in Hindi). Retrieved 6 May 2021.
- IndiaTimes interview with Sunil
- "Most professional stand-up comedians in a feature film". Guinness World Records. Retrieved 16 November 2019.