|Traded as||Euronext: SEV|
CAC Next 20 Component
|Predecessor||Gaz de France|
|Founded||22 July 2008|
|Jean-Louis Chaussade (Chairman)|
Bertrand Camus (CEO)
|Products||Water treatment, waste management|
|Revenue||€15.322 billion (2016)|
|€2 billion (2016)|
|€623 million (2016)|
|Total assets||€29.284 billion (end 2016)|
|Total equity||€6 billion (end 2016)|
Number of employees
|82,536 (end 2016)|
Formerly an operating division of Suez, the company was spun out as a stand-alone entity as part of the merger to form GDF Suez (now Engie) on 22 July 2008. Engie remained the largest shareholder of the company with a 35% stake. On the stock market, Suez Environnement' s share jumped 40% in value on its first day.
In April 2014, Suez Environnement signed 3 major water treatment contracts in India worth 61 million euros. In July 2015, the group Suez Environnement simplified its name to become Suez, after the group GDF-Suez changed its name to Engie, leaving the name Suez available again. In September 2015, Suez acquired Sembcorp's 40% stake in the companies' common joint-venture to provide water treatment and waste management in Australia.
On October 1, 2017 Suez bought the Water & Process Technologies unit from GE Power for 3.4 billion dollars  and formed a new business unit called Water Technologies & Solutions. Suez shares are listed on the Euronext exchanges in Paris and Brussels.
Financial results in millions of euros:
|Current operating income||1,102||1,115||1,011||1,184||1,146||1,040||1,025||926||1,059|
|Net income (group share)||420.3||407.6||417.2||352||251||323||565||403||533|
The largest shareholder in Suez Environnement as of 31 December 2010 was GDF Suez with around 35.4%. Other major stakes were held by Groupe Bruxelles Lambert (7.1%), employees of the company (0.9%), Caisse des Dépôts et Consignations (2.0%), Areva (1.4%), CNP Assurances (1.3%), and Sofina (0.8%). Some 52% of the shares were considered free float.
- "Consolidated Financial Statements of SUEZ for the Fiscal Years Ended December 31, 2016 and 2015" (PDF). Suez S.A. Retrieved 13 December 2017.
- "Press Release SUEZ 2016 Annual Results" (PDF). Suez S.A. Retrieved 13 December 2017.
- Maitre, Marie (22 July 2008). "Suez Environnement gushes on Paris market debut". Reuters. Retrieved 2008-07-22.
- "UPDATE 1-Suez Environnement gushes on Paris market debut". Reuters. 2008-07-22. Retrieved 2019-08-10.
- Ghaswalla, Amrita Nair. "Suez Environnement bags three water treatment projects worth ₹505 crore". @businessline. Retrieved 2019-08-10.
- "SUEZ environnement becomes SUEZ". Resource Magazine. Retrieved 2019-08-10.
- Binsted, Tim (2015-09-21). "France's Suez buys Sembcorp out of Australian waste joint venture for $485m". The Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 2019-08-10.
- "Suez targets industrial water with $3.4 billion GE Water deal". Reuters. 2017-03-08. Retrieved 2019-08-10.
- "Legal notice." Suez Environnement. Retrieved on 7 July 2010.
- "Capital structure". Suez Environnement. Retrieved 10 February 2011.