Subject Alternative Name
Subject Alternative Name (SAN) is an extension to X.509 that allows various values to be associated with a security certificate using a
subjectAltName field. These values are called Subject Alternative Names (SANs). Names include:
- Email addresses
- IP addresses
- DNS names: this is usually also provided as the Common Name RDN within the Subject field of the main certificate.
- Directory names: alternative Distinguished Names to that given in the Subject.
- Other names, given as a General Name or Universal Principal Name: a registered object identifier followed by a value.
- "x509v3_config - X509 V3 certificate extension configuration format". OpenSSL. Retrieved 2020-01-16.
- RFC 5280: 220.127.116.11. Subject Alternative Name