Subhalagnam is a 1994 Indian Telugu-language film directed by S. V. Krishna Reddy starring Jagapati Babu, Aamani, Roja. Produced by K. Venkateswara Rao under the Sri Priyanka Pictures banner and presented by C. Aswini Dutt, the film has music composed by S. V. Krishna Reddy. The plot follows a married woman who makes a financial deal to let an other woman marry her husband.
|Directed by||S. V. Krishna Reddy|
|Produced by||K. Venkateswara Rao |
C. Aswini Dutt (Presents)
|Written by||Diwakar Babu (dialogues)|
|Screenplay by||S. V. Krishna Reddy|
|Story by||S. V. Krishna Reddy |
|Music by||S. V. Krishna Reddy|
|Edited by||K. Ramgopal Reddy|
|Distributed by||Sri Priyanka Pictures|
Released on 30 September 1994, the film was a success at the box office. The film received three Nandi Awards, inducing the Best Feature Film in addition to two Filmfare Awards. This movie was remade in Tamil as Irattai Roja, with Ramki, in Kannada as Ganga Yamuna, with Shivrajkumar, in Hindi as Judaai, with Anil Kapoor and Sridevi and also later remade in Malayalam as Sundara Purushan, with Suresh Gopi.
Radha marries Madhu, a civil engineer. She thinks that he is rich, but it turns out that Madhu is a middle class who wants to lead a simple life. This infuriates Radha as her dream is to be rich and wealthy. Even the birth of two children does not change her. Meanwhile, Latha, a young girl, who is the daughter of Madhu's boss comes back from London. She falls in love with Madhu and asks him to marry her unaware of Madhu's marriage and two children. Madhu rejects her proposal that she is being foolish as he was already married. When Latha meets Radha, she offers her one crore rupees in exchange for marriage to Madhu. Radha agrees and she starts pressuring Madhu for remarriage. Madhu agrees with a heavy heart as Radha threatens to commit suicide. But Madhu also starts falling in love with Latha. Radha notices that she was being left out. She slowly realizes her mistake and wants to get Madhu back. On the other way, Madhu decides to go to London with Latha. Radha's children also don't want to live with Radha and they both decide to go with Latha and Madhu. Radha learns the importance of family and comes to the airport to give them a sad send-off. However, Latha decides to go back to London alone and reveals that she is pregnant. The movie ends as Latha leaves and gives Radha her family back.
- Jagapati Babu as Madhu
- Aamani as Radha (Voice Dubbed by Saritha)
- Roja as Lata (Voice Dubbed by Roja Ramani)
- Kota Srinivasa Rao as Bangarayah
- Brahmanandam as A. V. S.'s son-in-law
- Ali as Raja
- Tanikella Bharani as Doctor
- A. V. S. as Madhu's house owner
- Subbaraya Sharma as Lata's father
- Gundu Hanumantha Rao as Compounder
- Ananth as Soundarya's PA
- Nittala Sriramachandra Murthy
- Soundarya as Herself
- Suhasini as Meena
- Annapoorna as Radha's mother
- Sri Lakshmi as A. V. S.'s wife and daughter (Dual role)
|Soundtrack album by|
|Producer||S. V. Krishna Reddy|
|S. V. Krishna Reddy chronology|
Music composed by S. V. Krishna Reddy. All songs are blockbusters. Music released on Magna Sound Audio Company.
|1.||"Poruginti Mangala Gowri"||Jonnavithhula||SP Balu, Chitra||4:33|
|2.||"Allukupove Ose Malleteega"||Jonnavithhula||SP Balu, Chitra||4:31|
|3.||"Ghallu Ghallu Gajja"||Guduru Viswanatha Sastry||SP Balu, Chitra||4:08|
|4.||"Allari Mudduki"||Jonnavithhula||SP Balu, Chitra||4:18|
|5.||"Chiluka Ye Toduleka"||Sirivennela Sitarama Sastry||SP Balu||4:33|
1994 Filmfare AwardsEdit
1994 Nandi AwardsEdit
- "Jagapathi Babu and Aamani starrer Subhalagnam completes 25 years of its release - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 15 August 2020.
- "Subhalagnam". ApunKaChoice. Archived from the original on 23 September 2015. Retrieved 16 August 2015.
- "Sirivennela Seetharama Shastry » Blog Archive » శుభలగ్నం: చిలకా ఏ తోడు లేక ఎటేపమ్మా ఒంటరి నడక". sirivennela-bhavalahari.org. Retrieved 16 August 2015.