Stop Cyberbullying Day
Stop Cyberbullying Day is an international awareness day launched by The Cybersmile Foundation on 17 June 2012, which takes place on the third Friday in June annually. The day encourages social media users around the world to promote positivity, diversity and inclusion online, showing their support for the campaign on Twitter using the #STOPCYBERBULLYINGDAY hashtag. The next Stop Cyberbullying Day will be held on 15 June 2018.
|Founded||June 17, 2012|
To mark the day in 2012, The Cybersmile Foundation released research revealing that 92% of UK teachers had come across cyberbullying at some point during their career, with 78% revealing that they had personally experienced cyberbullying, whether directed at themselves, their students or other members of staff.
Stop Cyberbullying Day is supported by the UK Parliament through an Early Day Motion which calls on the House of Commons to note the growing problem of cyberbullying and the threats it can pose to the health, wellbeing and safety of children and young people; and support The Cybersmile Foundation to raise awareness through the launch of Stop Cyberbullying Day on 21 June 2013.
June 2013 Celebrity AmbassadorEdit
- Cosslett, Rhiannon Lucy. "Bullies are not just on the playground - they follow our children home", The Guardian, London, 21 June 2013. Retrieved on 2 July 2013.
- Emm, David (20 August 2014). "Stop Cyberbullying Day". HuffPost. Retrieved 4 May 2017.
- Weinburg, Johnathan. "Cyberbullying: How to keep your children safe", Yahoo! News, London, 21 June 2013. Retrieved on 2 July 2013.
- Levy, Andrew. "Top schools warned over poorest pupils", Daily Mail, London, 21 June 2013.
- , Early Day Motion 158, 2013-2014, London, Date tabled 3 June 2013. Retrieved on 2 July 2013.
- "'Be nice online' key message to stop bullies", Politics Home, London, 21 June 2013. Retrieved 2 July 2013
- http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/22961373 "Authorities say 'horrific' web pages are on the rise"], BBC, London, 19 June 2013. Retrieved 16 January 2013
- http://www.mikeweatherleymp.com/2012/04/02/mike-becomes-patron-of-new-cyberbullying-charity-cybersmile/ "Mike Becomes Patron of New Cyberbullying Charity Cybersmile"], Mike Weatherley, London, 2 April 2012. Retrieved 16 January 2013
- Cox, Lizzie. "Danielle Peazer on how twitter death threats inspired her to help others being cyberbullied: 'people told me to go and die'", Sugarscape.com, London, 19 June 2013. Retrieved on 2 July 2013.
- "Liam Payne's ex opens up about death threats", New!, London, 20 June 2013. Retrieved on 2 July 2013.
- "MyBliss chats to Danielle Peazer", Bliss Magazine Online, London, 21 June 2013. Retrieved on 2 July 2013.
- "#AskDanielle @ 8pm tonight", The Cybersmile Foundation, London, 18 June 2013. Retrieved on 2 July 2013.