|Also known as||Buck Howdy|
|Origin||San Diego, California|
|Genres||Children's Country music|
|Labels||RCA Nashville, MCA Nashville|
He is also known for his Christmas recordings including The Stars Come Out for Christmas series and for establishing "Carols by Candlelight" in 1990, a charity fundraiser for Rady Children's Hospital in San Diego which has become a 28-year San Diego tradition.
Vaus has been nominated for four Grammy Awards under the name Buck Howdy, winning in 2010 Grammy Award for Best Spoken Word Album for Children.
Steve Vaus was elected in 2012 to a four-year term on the Poway City Council. On November 4, 2014, he was elected mayor of Poway.
Vaus serves on the Board of Directors for the San Diego Association of Governments as well as the agency's Executive Committee. He serves as SANDAG's alternate to the National Association of Regional Councils.
Match Game 78Edit
Steve appeared in an episode of the popular game show Match Game (Match Game). He did not win any money but took home some great consolation prizes. During the episode he mentioned a partial ownership of a coffin rental business.
|2009||Aaaaah! Spooky, Scary Stories & Songs||as Buck Howdy|
|1992||"We Must Take America Back"||68|
|1992||"We Must Take America Back"|
- Varga, George (2007-12-07). "Grammys may be living dangerously this year". The San Diego Union-Tribune. Signonsandiego.com. Retrieved 2011-09-05.
- "Buck Howdy joins the 'big guns' at the Grammys". SignOnSanDiego.com. Retrieved 2011-09-05.
- Whitburn, Joel (2008). Hot Country Songs 1944 to 2008. Record Research, Inc. p. 439. ISBN 0-89820-177-2.
- "Grammy Winner Pens TSA Pat-Down Protest Song". NBC San Diego. 2011-05-09. Retrieved 2011-09-05.
- MatchGameProductions (2014-04-23), Match Game 78 (Episode 1210) (Arlene Francis Last MG70's Episode), retrieved 2017-01-14
- http://www.stevevaus.com Vaus's official website
- http://www.carolsbycandlelight.com/about-carols-by-candlelight/ Carols by Candlelight
|This article about a singer-songwriter from the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|