Statute Law (Repeals) Act 1981
|Long title||An Act to promote the reform of the statute law by the repeal, in accordance with recommendations of the Law Commission and the Scottish Law Commission of certain enactments which (except in so far as their effect is preserved) are no longer of practical utility.|
|Citation||1981 c 19|
|Introduced by||The Lord Chancellor|
|Royal assent||21 May 1981|
|Commencement||21 May 1981|
This Act was partly in force in Great Britain at the end of 2010.
Orders under this section
The power conferred by section 2(3) was exercised by the Statute Law Repeals (Isle of Man) Order 1984 (SI 1984/1692).
Paragraph 4 was repealed by section 1(1) of, and Group 4 of Part 1 of Schedule 1 to, the Statute Law (Repeals) Act 2008.
- Halsbury's Statutes. Fourth Edition. 2008 Reissue. Volume 41. Page 837.
- Peter Allsop (Editor in chief). Current Law Statutes Annotated 1981. Sweet & Maxwell, Stevens & sons. London. W Green & son. Edinburgh. 1982. Volume 1.
- The Public General Acts and General Synod Measures 1981. HMSO. London. 1982. Part I. Page 191.
- HL Deb vol 416, col 1042, vol 417, cols 134 to 137, vol 418, col 375, vol 419, col 304, HC Deb vol 4, cols 239 to 245.
- The citation of this Act by this short title is authorised by section 3 of this Act.
- HL Deb vol 416 col 1042
- The Interpretation Act 1978, section 4(b)
- The Chronological Table of the Statutes, 1235 - 2010. The Stationery Office. 2011. ISBN 978-0-11-840509-6. Part II. Page 1515, read with pages viii and x of Part I.