Stara Nova Vas
Stara Nova Vas (pronounced [ˈstaːɾa ˈnɔːʋa ˈʋaːs]; Slovene: Stara Nova vas, German: Altneudorf) is a village in the Municipality of Križevci in northeastern Slovenia. It lies on the regional road from Ljutomer to Radenci in the traditional region of Styria. The entire municipality is now included in the Mura Statistical Region.
Stara Nova Vas
|• Total||2.72 km2 (1.05 sq mi)|
|Elevation||188.9 m (619.8 ft)|
The name Stara Nova vas literally means 'old new village'. Today's village is an amalgamation of two previously separate villages: Stara vas (literally, 'old village') and Nova vas (literally, 'new village'). Although Stara Vas is the older of the two villages, Nova Vas first appeared by name in historical records in 1443. The village is marked on older maps as Stara i nova ves (literally, 'old and new village'). In the local dialect, the settlement is known as Stara Nova ves.
- Statistical Office of the Republic of Slovenia
- Radkersburg und Luttenberg (Map, 1:75,000). Vienna: Verlag und Druck des Kartographischen, früher Militärgeographischen Institutes in Wien. 1921.
- Križevci municipal site Archived 2008-09-24 at the Wayback Machine
- Savnik, Roman (1980). Krajevni leksikon Slovenije, vol. 4. Ljubljana: Državna založba Slovenije. p. 149.
- Slovenian Ministry of Culture register of national heritage reference number ešd 23686
|This article about the Municipality of Križevci in Slovenia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|