Star of the Solomon Islands
The Star of the Solomon Islands, established in 1981 is the highest honour of the Solomon Islands. Queen Elizabeth II was the first recipient in 1982. Recipients are entitled to use the post-nominal letters SSI.
|Star of the Solomon Islands|
|Awarded for||Contribution and dedication of time, energy and resources to advance the well being of the people of Solomon Islands|
|First awarded||1982 (to Queen Elizabeth II)|
|Next (lower)||Knight/Dame Grand Cross of the Order of the British Empire (GBE)|
Ribbon bar of the award
This award is placed by the Court of St James's (the royal court for the Sovereign of the United Kingdom) immediately above the Knight/Dame Grand Cross of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire. It is primarily awarded to heads of state and other important international leaders. No Solomon Islander holds this award.
Notable recipients include:
- "Orders, Decorations and Medals - Medals by Country - Medals of Solomon Islands". Jeanpaulleblanc.com. Archived from the original on 2011-08-14. Retrieved 2018-06-15.
- "PM awarded the Star of the Solomon Islands". beehive.govt.nz. 2005-06-20. Retrieved 2011-12-03.
- "Honours Awards". Solomon Islands Historical Encyclopaedia 1893-1978. Retrieved 15 June 2018.
- "ODM of the Solomon Islands: Star of the Solomon Islands". Webcache.googleusercontent.com. Archived from the original on 2012-02-29. Retrieved 2011-12-03.CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link)
- "Sir Somare Receives the Star Award | Economy | Solomon Islands News". Solomontimes.com. Retrieved 2011-12-03.
-  Archived October 28, 2009, at the Wayback Machine
|This article related to orders, decorations, and medals is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|