Stanley Kipleting Biwott (born 21 April 1986) is a Kenyan long-distance runner who competes in half marathon and marathon races. He won the 2012 Paris Marathon in a course record time of 2:05:11 hours and the 2015 New York City Marathon. His half marathon best is 58:56 minutes.
He began working with Italian coach Claudio Berardelli in 2006 and came seventh at that year's Carpi Marathon. He was employed as the pacemaker at the Roma-Ostia Half Marathon the following February and he finished third with a time of 1:01:20 hours behind his training partners Benson Barus and Jonathan Kosgei Kipkorir.
He headed to Brazil in 2009 and came sixth at the Pampulha Lagoon International Race, then seventh at the Saint Silvester Road Race. His first marathon win came the year after at the São Paulo Marathon and his time of 2:11:19 hours was the fastest ever on the South American soil. He dipped under two hours and ten minutes for the first time at the 2010 Reims à Toutes Jambes, where he was three seconds behind the winner Stephen Chebogut with a finishing time of 2:09:41 hours.
At the start of 2011 he improved his half marathon best to 1:00:23 hours in winning the Azkoitia-Azpeitia Half Marathon. At the Chuncheon Marathon he outran his teammate Jonathan Kosgei Kipkorir and won the race in a personal best of 2:07:03 hours – a course record and personal best by more than two minutes. He ended the year with a third place at the Zhuhai Half Marathon, losing out in a sprint finish.
Biwott began 2012 with his first sub-one hour half marathon; his finishing time of 59:44 minutes was enough to win the Paris Half Marathon in a course record. Reaching a new career high, he recorded a marathon best of 2:05:11 hours to win the Paris Marathon a month later. He took the lead after the halfway point and continued at a fast pace to claim the prestigious course record. In the latter half of the road racing season he won both the Beach to Beacon 10K and the Falmouth Road Race. He was a comfortable winner at the Philadelphia Half Marathon, finishing forty seconds ahead of the field.
In March 2015, he won the City-Pier-City-Loop half marathon in the fastest time of the season (00:59:20).
At the 2016 London Marathon he improved his career best to 2:03:51, coming second behind Eliud Kipchoge and placing him sixth on the all-time ranking list.
|2006||Carpi Marathon||Carpi, Italy||7th||2:14:24|
|2010||São Paulo International Marathon||São Paulo, Brazil||1st||2:11:19|
|Reims Marathon||Reims, France||2nd||2:09:41|
|2011||Chuncheon Marathon||Chuncheon, South Korea||1st||2:07:03|
|2012||Paris Marathon||Paris, France||1st||2:05:12|
|Shanghai Marathon||Shanghai, China||3rd||2:09:05|
|2013||London Marathon||London, United Kingdom||8th||2:08:39|
|New York City Marathon||New York City, United States||5th||2:10:41|
|2014||London Marathon||London, United Kingdom||2nd||2:04:55|
|2015||London Marathon||London, United Kingdom||4th||2:06:41|
|2015 New York City Marathon||New York City, United States||1st||2:10:34|
|2016||London Marathon||London, United Kingdom||2nd||2:03:51|
|Olympic Games||Rio de Janeiro, Brazil||DNF||—|
|2018||Abu Dhabi Marathon||Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates||4th||2:09:18|
- Sampaolo, Diego (2006-10-15). Command debut performance for Kalovics at Carpi Marathon. IAAF. Retrieved on 2012-04-21.
- Zorzi, Alberto (2007-02-25). Barus and Ait Salem produce fast Half Marathons. IAAF. Retrieved on 2012-04-21.
- AIMS Results December 2009. AIMS. Retrieved on 2012-04-21.
- AIMS Results May 2010. AIMS. Retrieved on 2012-04-22.
- Post, Marty (2012-01-26). All-Comers Records- Marathon. Association of Road Racing Statisticians. Retrieved on 2012-04-22.
- Marathon 2010. IAAF. Retrieved on 2012-04-22.
- Civai, Franco & Gasparovic, Juraj (2012-04-03). Azkoitia-Azpeitia Half Marathon. ARRS. Retrieved on 2012-04-22.
- Yelena Kurdyumova and Sergey Porada (2011-10-23). 2:07:03 course record in Chuncheon for Biwott. IAAF. Retrieved on 2011-10-23.
- Half Marathon 2011. IAAF. Retrieved on 2012-04-22.
- Paris Half Marathon. Association of Road Racing Statisticians (2011-03-08). Retrieved on 2012-04-22.
- Vazel, Pierre-Jean (2012-04-15). Biwott 2:05 and Tsegaye 2:21 defy windy conditions to set race records at Paris Marathon. IAAF. Retrieved on 2012-04-21.
- Matson, Barbara (2012-08-13). Kenya’s Stanley Biwott, Margaret Wangari win Falmouth Road Race. Boston Globe. Retrieved on 2012-08-22.
- Biwott and Cherop dominate at Philadelphia Half Marathon. IAAF (2012-09-16). Retrieved on 2013-01-22.
- Kabuu and Kipsang triumph in high-quality races at Ras al-Khaimah Half. IAAF (2013-02-15). Retrieved on 2013-03-02.
- Burrows, Ben  Mirror (2014-04-13). Retrieved on 2014-11-06.
- Stanley Biwott loopt snelste seizoentijd "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-03-11. Retrieved 2015-03-09.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link) NN CPC Loop (2015-03-08). Retrieved on 2015-03-09.
- "Overall Men". TCS New York City Marathon. 2013-11-18. Retrieved 2018-04-30.