Stade du Moustoir
The Stade du Moustoir is a multi-use stadium in Lorient, France. It is currently used mostly for football matches and is the home stadium of FC Lorient. The stadium can hold up to 18,110 with the new south stand.
Stade du Moustoir, Le Moustoir
|Location||Rue du Tour des Portes, Lorient, France|
|Record attendance||(August, 2011, FC Lorient-Girondins de Bordeaux)|
|Field size||105 m × 70 m (344 ft × 230 ft)|
|Surface||AirFibr (hybrid grass)|
After a match between Lorient and Rennes at the Stade du Moustoir on 20 December 2020, a lighting ramp fell on a groundsman. The accident occurred at 19:00 local time, right after Les Merlus had been defeated 3–0 by Les Rennais. The 38-year old victim was rushed to Scorff Hospital, and was in a critical condition. Working as a volunteer, the groundsman eventually died of his injuries. He was a father of three children.
Two other groundskeeper volunteers were taken to the hospital due to being shocked by the accident, but were not physically injured. Four other people who were also in shock made their way to the hospital themselves.
- "Stadiums in France Bretagne". Worldstadiums.com. Archived from the original on 4 November 2011. Retrieved 7 November 2011.
- "Terrible accident au Moustoir : un jardinier tué après le match Lorient-Rennes" [Terrible accident at the Moustoir: a gardener killed after the Lorient-Rennes match]. France Bleu (in French). 20 December 2020. Retrieved 20 December 2020.
- Chahuneau, Louis (20 December 2020). "Lorient-Rennes : un jardinier tué par la chute d'une rampe de lumières" [Lorient-Rennes: a gardener killed by the fall of a lighting ramp]. RTL (in French). Retrieved 20 December 2020.
- "Un jardinier du FC Lorient tué par la chute d'une ramp d'éclairage au stade" [A gardener of FC Lorient killed by the fall of a lighting ramp at the stadium]. Le Figaro.fr (in French). 20 December 2020. Retrieved 20 December 2020.
- "FC Lorient groundsman dies following accident involving ramp". Get French Football News. 20 December 2020. Retrieved 20 December 2020.