Municipality of the District of St. Mary's
St. Mary's, officially named the Municipality of the District of St. Mary's, is a district municipality in Guysborough County, Nova Scotia, Canada. Statistics Canada classifies the district municipality as a municipal district.
|Municipality of the District of St. Mary's|
"Waters of the Atlantic Salmon"
|Incorporated||April 17, 1879|
|• Type||St. Mary's Municipal Council|
|• Warden||Michael Mosher|
|• Land||1,909.47 km2 (737.25 sq mi)|
|• Density||1.2/km2 (3/sq mi)|
|• Change 2011-16||5.1%|
|• Census ranking||1,253 of 4,870|
|• Federal||Central Nova|
|• Provincial||Guysborough–Eastern Shore–Tracadie|
|Time zone||UTC-4 (AST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-3 (ADT)|
|Median Income*||$35,789 CDN|
The district municipality occupies the western half of the county and its administrative seat is in the village of Sherbrooke.
In the 2016 Census of Population conducted by Statistics Canada, the Municipality of the District of St. Mary's recorded a population of 2,233 living in 1,042 of its 1,667 total private dwellings, a change of -5.1% from its 2011 population of 2,354. With a land area of 1,909.47 km2 (737.25 sq mi), it had a population density of 1.2/km2 (3.0/sq mi) in 2016.
The district municipality is divided into seven electoral districts for municipal representation:
- "Warden and Deputy Warden Chosen in District of St. Mary's". 989 FXM. November 16, 2016. Archived from the original on November 17, 2016. Retrieved July 18, 2017.
- 2011 Statistics Canada Community Profile: St. Mary's Municipal District, Nova Scotia
- "Population and dwelling counts, for Canada, provinces and territories, and census subdivisions (municipalities), 2016 and 2011 censuses – 100% data (Nova Scotia)". Statistics Canada. February 8, 2017. Retrieved February 12, 2017.
- Statistics Canada: 1996, 2001, 2006, 2011 census
- 2006 Statistics Canada Community Profile: St. Mary's Municipal District, Nova Scotia