Stéphanie Frappart (born 14 December 1983) is a French football referee. She has been on the FIFA International Referees List since 2009, and has refereed several high-profile matches. She became the first woman to referee a major men's European match when she took charge of the 2019 UEFA Super Cup between Liverpool and Chelsea on 14 August 2019 in Vodafone Park of Beşiktaş J.K. Istanbul
|Full name||Stéphanie Frappart|
14 December 1983|
|2019||2019 UEFA Super Cup||Referee|
On 3 December 2018 Frappart was appointed to officiate in the 2019 FIFA Women's World Cup in France. After the conclusion of the round of 16, it was announced that Frappart had been selected as one of 11 officials that would be retained for the remainder of the tournament. Frappart would go on to be appointed to referee the final of the tournament which was contested on 7 July 2019 between the United States and the Netherlands.
On 2 August 2019 it was announced that Frappart had been appointed to referee the 2019 UEFA Super Cup. In doing so she became "the first female to officiate in a major men's European match".
On the 11th November 2019, Frappart officiated the second leg of the inaugural Champions Cup competition, between the league winners of the League of Ireland Premier Division and the NIFL Premiership. The match saw the Republic of Ireland's champions Dundalk beat Northern Ireland's champions Linfield 6–0, with Frappard showing two yellow cards.
- FIFA.com. "Football Development - Refereeing - Mission and Goals". FIFA.com. Retrieved 4 July 2019.
- "Female referee Stephanie Frappart to officiate Liverpool v Chelsea in UEFA Super Cup". metro.co.uk. Retrieved 14 August 2019.
- "Stéphanie Frappart, première femme arbitre centrale de Ligue 2" (in French). L'Express (France). 22 May 2014. Retrieved 5 June 2015.
- "22 referees, 7 support referees and 44 assistant referees appointed for FIFA Women's World Cup 2015™". FIFA.com. 30 March 2015.
- "Referees and Assistant Referees for the FIFA Women's World Cup Canada 2015™" (PDF). FIFA.com.
- FIFA.com. "FIFA Women's World Cup France 2019™ - News - Match officials appointed for FIFA Women's World Cup France 2019™ - FIFA.com". www.fifa.com. Retrieved 18 June 2019.
- "Refereeing - Media briefing" (PDF). FIFA.com. Retrieved 26 June 2019.
- FIFA.com. "FIFA Women's World Cup 2019™ - News - Frappart: Final role a huge source of pride - FIFA.com". www.fifa.com. Retrieved 8 July 2019.
- "Stephanie Frappart first woman to referee Ligue 1 match". 24 April 2019 – via www.bbc.co.uk.
- "Ligue of her own: Female ref makes historic debut". ESPN.com. 28 April 2019. Retrieved 19 June 2019.
- Media, P. A. (2 August 2019). "Stéphanie Frappart to break new ground by refereeing Liverpool v Chelsea in Super Cup". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved 2 August 2019.
- "Stephanie Frappart: Female referee to take charge of Uefa Super Cup". 2 August 2019 – via www.bbc.co.uk.
- "Stephanie Frappart 'not afraid' of Super Cup between Chelsea and Liverpool". 14 August 2019 – via www.bbc.co.uk.
- "Women's Wold Cup final referee Stephanie Frappart set to officiate Dundalk v Linfield decider". 17 October 2019 – via irishmirror.ie.
- "Dundalk vs. Linfield - 11 November 2019 - Soccerway". 11 November 2019 – via ie.socerway.com.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Stéphanie Frappart.|
- Profile at WorldFootball.net