South West Yorkshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust is a NHS trust which provides mental health, learning disability and community health care services in Calderdale, Kirklees, Wakefield and Barnsley. The trust also provides some of the medium secure forensic services for the Yorkshire and the Humber region. The trust's headquarters is located at Fieldhead Hospital in Wakefield which is a psychiatric and learning disabilities hospital.
|Type of trust|
|Mental health trust|
|Last annual budget||£230 million|
|Employees||4,235 whole time equivalent|
|Chief Executive||Rob Webster|
|Website||South West Yorkshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust|
|Care Quality Commission reports||Provider profile with CQC|
|Monitor||Provider profile with Monitor|
The trust was formed in 2002 when mental health services in the southern half of West Yorkshire were re-organised and brought together the service provisions from the districts of Calderdale, Kirklees and Wakefield. The Trust was originally called South West Yorkshire Mental Health NHS Trust (SWYMHT) with the headquarters based at Fieldhead Hospital in Wakefield. The new trust inherited a large estate from the previous three predecessor Trusts such as the Sycamores Community Unit for the Elderly in Ossett; Poplars Community Unit for the Elderly in Hemsworth; Enfield Down in Honley; The Dales Unit and Lyndhurst in Halifax; the Priestley Unit and 8 Fox View in Dewsbury; Wells House in Sowerby Bridge and Castleford, Normanton and District Hospital.
In 2013 when the primary care trusts were abolished as part of the Health and Social Care Act 2012 the trust took over the mental health services and community health care provisions from Barnsley PCT and as such the trust's footprint expanded to cover two counties. The trust's estate expanded once again to include Kendray Hospital and Mount Vernon Hospital with a number of health centres and offices within the Barnsley district.
The trust's structure is based upon six business delivery units (BDUs):
- Specialist Services
Child and adolescent mental health services in Calderdale and Kirklees, previously delivered by Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust were transferred to South West Yorkshire Partnership Foundation Trust in 2013.
Locala won a tender for the Care Closer to Home contract worth £284.9m over seven years from Greater Huddersfield and North Kirklees Clinical Commissioning Groups in June 2015 which is delivered in a partnership with the Trust, a local hospice and other third sector organisations.
The trust was required to give undertakings in consideration of the Information Commissioner's Office not exercising its powers to serve an enforcement notice after it had sent patient data to the wrong address on a number of occasions.
The Trust was named by the Health Service Journal as one of the top hundred NHS trusts to work for in 2015. At that time it had 4,235 full-time equivalent staff and a sickness absence rate of 4.81%. 63% of staff recommend it as a place for treatment and 56% recommended it as a place to work.
- "South West Yorkshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust Annual Report 2008 - 2009". 1 April 2009. Archived from the original on 30 November 2009. Retrieved 2 September 2017.CS1 maint: bot: original URL status unknown (link)
- "Rob Webster heads CEO Top 50 as Dunn, Lawlor and Panniker fall from grace". Health Service Journal. 18 March 2021. Retrieved 10 May 2021.
- "Operational Plan 2017 - 2019" (PDF). South West Yorkshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust. 1 December 2016. Retrieved 2 September 2017.
- "Fears over cuts to South Yorkshire mental health beds". The Star. 29 October 2013. Retrieved 2 November 2013.
- "Transfer of children's services in SW Yorkshire". Health Service Journal. 17 April 2013. Retrieved 2 November 2013.
- "Preferred bidder named for £285m 'prime provider' contract". Health Service Journal. 25 June 2015. Retrieved 27 June 2015.
- "Launch of new perinatal mental health service". South West Yorkshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust. 1 September 2017. Retrieved 2 September 2017.
- "Data Protection Act - enforcement via undertakings". Lexology. 24 June 2015. Retrieved 27 June 2015.
- "HSJ reveals the best places to work in 2015". Health Service Journal. 7 July 2015. Retrieved 23 September 2015.