Sony ESPN is an Indian pay television sports channel which is a joint venture between ESPN, Inc. (majorly owned by The Walt Disney Company) and Sony Pictures Networks India. The channel targets the Indian subcontinent including India, Nepal, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka.
|Launched||8 April 2015 (as Sony KIX)|
16 January 2016 (as Sony ESPN)
|Owned by||ESPN Inc. (50%)|
Sony Pictures Networks India Pvt Ltd (50%)
|Formerly called||Sony Kix (until 17 January 2016)|
|TV Lanka Digital TV||Channel 36 (HD)|
|Dish TV||Channel 621 (SD)|
Channel 87 (HD)
|TATA Sky||Channel 486 (SD)|
Channel 485 (HD)
|Airtel digital tv||Channel 296 (SD)|
Channel 297 (HD)
|Sun Direct||Channel 516 (SD)|
Channel 970 (HD)
|Videocon D2H||Channel 425 (SD)|
Channel 926 (HD)
|Dish Home (Nepal)||Channel 605 (SD)|
Channel 945 (HD)
|Reliance Digital TV||512 (SD)|
|Dialog TV||Channel 77 (SD)|
|Dish TV Sri Lanka||Channel 2646 (SD)|
|Asianet Digital TV||Channel 301 (SD)|
Channel 807 (HD)
|Siti Cable||Channel 481 (SD)|
|PEO TV||Channel 36 (SD)|
Launched as Sony Kix on 8 April 2015 (the day when 2015 Indian Premier League began) by what is now Sony Pictures Networks India, it was the second sports television channel launched by the company after Sony Six. The channel was rebranded as Sony ESPN on 17 January 2016. The partnership with ESPN was made official in October 2015. Sony and ESPN would partner together on website and app efforts, with ESPN providing and producing content such as cricket, football, tennis, NBA basketball, badminton, field hockey, golf, rugby union, Formula E along with other events.
- "ESPN to make comeback on Indian TV; partners with MSM". Daily News and Analysis. 7 October 2015. Retrieved 7 October 2015.
- "MSM India and ESPN to create co-branded content Platforms in Indian subcontinent". Business Standard. 7 October 2015. Retrieved 7 October 2015.
- "MSM to launch new channels, website on sports". Live Mint. 7 October 2015. Retrieved 7 October 2015.
- "Multi Screen Media to launch Sony Kix to air IPL season 8". The Economic Times. 1 April 2015. Retrieved 2 April 2015.
- "MSM to launch new sports channel, Sony Kix". 2 April 2015. Retrieved 2 April 2015.
- IPL set to dish out feeds in Telugu, Tamil, Bengali too - Deccan Chronicle