Something So Right (TV series)
Something So Right is an American television sitcom which ran on two different networks during its time on the air, and in reruns on the USA Network for a number of years after its cancellation.
|Something So Right|
Shot of the ABC promotional spot
|Created by||Judd Pillot
Billy L. Sullivan
Emily Ann Lloyd
Carol Ann Susi
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||37|
|Executive producer(s)||John Peaslee
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Big Phone Productions
|Original network||NBC (season 1)
ABC (season 2)
|Original release||September 17, 1996 – July 7, 1998|
Something So Right starred Mel Harris as Carly Davis, a twice-divorced party planner who had married Jack Farrell (Jere Burns), a divorced English teacher. They had three children, one from each of their former marriages.
This program premiered on NBC in the fall of 1996, but despite airing between the Top 30 hit Mad About You and the Top 20 hit Frasier, it faltered in the ratings and was canceled the following spring. It was picked up as a midseason replacement on ABC the next year, running until July.
- Carly Davis (Mel Harris) - Carly is a party planner who is currently married to Jack Farrell. She has two biological children from two previous husbands: her son Will Pacino from her first husband Dante and her daughter Sarah from her second husband Sheldon.
- Jack Farrell (Jere Burns) - Jack is a teacher and he is currently married to Carly. He has a daughter named Nicole from his ex-wife Stephanie. Jack also has two stepchildren Will and Sarah.
- Will Pacino (Billy L. Sullivan) - Will is Carly's son from her first husband Dante. Will lives with his mother, his stepfather, his half sister, and his stepsister. Will started out having a crush on Nicole in the first few episodes but he later fell in love with her friend Cindy and dated a girl named Jenny in one episode.
- Nicole Farrell (Marne Patterson) - Nicole is Jack's daughter from his ex-wife Stephanie. She lives with her father, her stepmother, and her two stepsiblings.
- Sarah Kramer (Emily Ann Lloyd) - Sarah is Carly's daughter from her second husband Sheldon. She is very wise for her age. She lives with her mother, her stepfather, her half brother, and her stepsister.
- Gracie (Carol Ann Susi - NBC series, Traci Lords - ABC series) - Gracie is Carly's assistant.
- Dante Pacino (Michael Milhoan) - Dante is Carly's first husband and Will's father. He doesn't seem too intelligent.
- Stephanie Farrell (Christine Dunford) - Stephanie is Jack's ex-wife and Nicole's mother. She was an actress who had the starring role on the show Thena Warrior Goddess (A spoof of the show Xena Warrior Princess) She later started dating Sheldon after he divorced his second wife Marianne.
- Sheldon Kramer (Barry Jenner) - Sheldon is Carly's second husband and Sarah's father. He is a millionaire. He starts out the series being married to his second wife Marianne but eventually divorces her and then starts dating Stephanie in the second season.
With the exception of the Pilot, every episode title begins with "Something About".
Season 1 (1996–97)Edit
|Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date|
|1||1||"Pilot"||James Widdoes||John Peaslee & Judd Pillot||September 17, 1996|
|2||2||"Something About Jack's Ex"||James Widdoes||Jane Espenson||September 24, 1996|
|3||3||"Something About Seared Ahi"||James Widdoes||Kevin Kelton||October 15, 1996|
|4||4||"Something About a Family Photo"||James Widdoes||Eric Zicklin||October 22, 1996|
|5||5||"Something About Schmoozing"||James Widdoes||Kevin Kelton||October 29, 1996|
|6||6||"Something About 12-H"||James Widdoes||Teleplay by: Bob Tischler
Story by: James Widdoes
|November 12, 1996|
|7||7||"Something About Protection"||James Widdoes||Daryl Rowland & Lisa DeBenedictis||November 19, 1996|
|8||8||"Something About Thanksgiving"||John Rich||Teleplay by: Jane Espenson
Story by: Rob Krausz
|November 26, 1996|
|9||9||"Something About Cheating"||John Rich||John Peaslee & Judd Pillot||December 3, 1996|
|10||10||"Something About an Older Guy"||Max Tash||Bob Tischler||December 10, 1996|
|11||11||"Something About a Christmas Miracle"||Max Tash||Eric Zicklin||December 17, 1996|
|12||12||"Something About Dante Proposing to Heather"||James Widdoes||John Peaslee & Judd Pillot||January 7, 1997|
|13||13||"Something About Reverse Psychology"||Hal Cooper||Eric Zicklin & Kevin Kelton||January 21, 1997|
|14||14||"Something About Cold Storage"||John Rich||Daryl Rowland & Lisa DeBenedictis||February 4, 1997|
|15||15||"Something About How Jack and Carly Met"||Max Tash||John Peaslee & Judd Pillot||February 11, 1997|
|16||16||"Something About a Silver Anniversary"||Max Tash||Kevin Kelton & Jane Espenson||February 18, 1997|
|17||17||"Something About Leeza"||Max Tash||Bob Tischler||February 25, 1997|
|18||18||"Something About My Two Dads"||Max Tash||Teleplay by: Bob Tischler
Story by: John Peaslee & Judd Pillot
|March 11, 1997|
|19||19||"Something About Two April Fools"||Max Tash||Carol Gary||April 1, 1997|
|20||20||"Something About Carly on a Hot Tar Roof"||Max Tash||Eric Zicklin||April 8, 1997|
|21||21||"Something About New Beds and Old Friends"||Max Tash||David Silverman & Marcy Gray Rubin||April 15, 1997|
|22||22||"Something About Secrets & Rules"||Max Tash||Jane Espenson||April 22, 1997|
|23||23||"Something About Inter-Ex-Spousal Relations"||Max Tash||John Peaslee & Judd Pillot||April 29, 1997|
|24||24||"Something About Getting the Hell Out of Here"||Max Tash||John Peaslee & Judd Pillot||May 6, 1997|
Season 2 (1998)Edit
|Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date|
|25||1||"Something About Hitting the Sauce"||James Widdoes||Chip Keyes||March 3, 1998|
|26||2||"Something About Ex-Appeal"||Max Tash||Ari Posner, Eric Preven, John Peaslee & Judd Pillot||March 3, 1998|
|27||3||"Something About a Double Standard"||Gerry Cohen||Dan Gerson||March 10, 1998|
|28||4||"Something About the "Men" in Menstruation"||Max Tash||Tony Sheehan||March 17, 1998|
|29||5||"Something About the Past and a Present"||Max Tash||Steve Sharlet & John Peaslee & Judd Pillot||March 24, 1998|
|30||6||"Something About Disowning Your Father and Flying to Paris Blues"||James Widdoes||Tony Sheehan||March 31, 1998|
|31||7||"Something About Disowning Your Father and Flying to Paris Blues"||James Widdoes||Tony Sheehan||March 31, 1998|
|32||8||"Something About Egg on Your Face"||Gerry Cohen||Tony Sheehan||April 7, 1998|
|33||9||"Something About a Second Year"||Max Tash||John Peaslee & Judd Pillot||April 14, 1998|
|34||10||"Something About an Ex-Goddess"||Gerry Cohen||John Peaslee & Judd Pillot & Tony Sheehan||April 21, 1998|
|35||11||"Something About Railroading Carly"||Max Tash||Tony Sheehan||April 28, 1998|
|36||12||"Something About a Rocky Road"||Tom Moore||John Peaslee & Judd Pillot||May 12, 1998|
|37||13||"Something About Burning Meat, Bridges and Rugs"||Max Tash||Ari Posner & Eric Preven||July 7, 1998|
- Brooks, Tim and Marsh, Earle, The Complete Directory to Prime Time Network and Cable TV Shows