|Developer(s)||Google LLC (previously developed by Nik Software)|
|Initial release||June 2011|
|Operating system||iOS, Android|
|Type||Image editing software|
Nik Software originally launched Snapseed on the iPad in June 2011, and it was named iPad App of the Year 2011 by Apple. Building on the success of the iPad version, Nik launched Snapseed for the iPhone in August 2011. Later, on February 27, 2012, Snapseed was announced for Microsoft Windows.
Snapseed users can edit pictures using swiping gestures to select different effects and enhancements. Alternatively, users can opt for an "automatic" adjustment of color and contrast. Snapseed can save users' editing history and redirect to any of the actions before. It can also create and save filter combinations by using the default filters and editing features. The list of special effects and filters includes Drama, Grunge, Vintage, Center-focus, Frames, and a Tilt-shift (which resizes photos). Users can import RAW images as well for better quality edits. Snapseed 2.0 introduced new filters such as lens blur, glamour glow, HDR scape and noir, while also reformatting the tools section with a clearer user interface. Users can directly share the images on social networking sites like Facebook and Instagram.
- Parrish, Kevin (September 19, 2012). "Google Snaps Up Instagram Competitor Snapseed". tomsguide.com. Tom's Hardware.
- Arva-Toth, Zoltan (February 28, 2012). "Nik Software Releases Snapseed for Windows". photographyblog.com. Photo 360 Limited.
- Lloyd, Craig (December 6, 2012). "Google releases Snapseed for Android, updates iOS version". slashgear.com. SlashGear.
- Graham, Jefferson (March 25, 2013). "Google slices price of Nik photo tools". usatoday.com. USA Today.
- Swanner, Nate (April 9, 2015). "Snapseed update brings it up-to-date with other photo editors". slashgear.com. SlashGear.
- "Snapseed RAW Image support". Archived from the original on 2019-10-12.
- Muchmore, Michael. "Snapseed (for iPhone) Review". www.pcmag.com. PCMag. Retrieved 14 November 2014.
- "Snapseed App features". www.appforpcshub.com. Appforpcshub. October 24, 2015.
- Eddy, Max (June 25, 2018). "The 100 Best Android Apps of 2018". pcmag.com. PC Magazine.