Simplemente María (English: Simply María) is a Mexican telenovela produced by Ignacio Sada for Televisa. Based on an original story by the Argentine writer Celia Alcántara. It is a remake of the Mexican telenovela Simplemente María, produced in 1989. The series originally aired from November 9, 2015 to May 1, 2016.
|Created by||Gabriela Ortigoza|
|Based on||Simplemente María|
by Celia Alcántara
|Theme music composer|
|Opening theme||"Simplemente tú" performed by Cristian Castro|
|Country of origin||Mexico|
|No. of episodes||126 (list of episodes)|
|Executive producer||Ignacio Sada|
|Producer||J. Antonio Arvizu V.|
|Running time||42-45 minutes|
|Original network||Canal de las Estrellas|
|Original release||November 9, 2015 –|
May 1, 2016
|Preceded by||Amor de barrio|
|Related shows||Simplemente María (1989/90)|
María, is a young, beautiful yet naïve woman. Maria fled her beloved hometown after being harassed by Isauro, a man that she does not want to be with. Upon arriving in Mexico City, Maria dazzles Alejandro Rivapalacio with her beauty; and the handsome medical student, heir and successor of the medical empire his family owns, sets out to conquer her at all cost.
María falls in love with Alejandro and becomes pregnant. Maria is excited and happy that she will have a baby and marry the man she loves. However, her hopes and dreams are dashed when she becomes aware that Alejandro is not willing to marry her. María resolves to move forward alone with her son, who will be her reason and motive to survive and conquer all obstacles in her way in order to become a high end fashion designer.
Twenty years go by and Cristóbal confesses his feelings to María but she no longer believes in love. Despite Maria's rejection Cristóbal decides to give María time to heal her wounds in the hopes he can convince her of his love. Alejandro returns to Maria's life and a love triangle ensues between them. Love rivals make every attempt to destroy Maria's chances at love and through all the adversity, tribulations and obstacles, Maria fights to reach her dreams of success and maybe even find true love.
- Claudia Álvarez as María Flores Ríos
- José Ron as Alejandro Rivapalacio Landa
- Ferdinando Valencia as Cristóbal Cervantes Núñez
- Arleth Terán as Vanessa Rivapalacio Landa de Arenti 
- Ana Martín as Felicitas Núñez Vda. de Cervantes "Doña Feli"
- Eleazar Gómez as Juan Pablo Flores Ríos / Juan Pablo Rivapalacio Flores 
- Alejandra Robles Gil as Lucía Arenti Rivapalacio 
- Michelle Ramaglia as Crispina Jaramillo de Calleja "Pina" 
- Francisco Rubio as Marco Arenti Serrano
- Carmen Becerra as Karina Pineda Hurtado 
- Claudia Troyo as Estela Lozano
- Beatriz Moreno as Hortensia Miranda
- Carlos Bonavides as Inocencio Buenrostro Falcón
- Norma Herrera as Carmina
- Héctor Sáez as Zacarias Sánchez Mena
- Miguel Martínez as Fabián Garza Treviño 
- Daniela Basso as Yolanda Bustos de Garza
- Erik Díaz as Fausto Garza Treviño
- Mónica Sánchez Navarro as Georgina Landa Mendizábal de Rivapalacio 
- Silvia Manríquez as Marcela Arriaga
- Fernando Robles as Don Juan Flores
- Ricardo Barona as Luis
- Óscar Ferreti as Profesor Jiménez
- Josué Arévalo as Isauro Correa
- Benjamín Islas as Director
- Humberto Elizondo as Adolfo Rivapalacio Balaguer
- Ricardo Franco as Laureano Calleija
- Cinthia Aparicio as Coral Moreno Sánchez
- Roberto Romano as Gustavo "Tavo" Cervantes Núñez
- Jessica Diaz as Nayeli Cervantes Núñez
- Norma Lazareno as Olivia Aparicio Vda. de Bazaine
- Tania Lizardo as Magdalena Flores Ríos
- Vanessa Terkes as Sonia Aspíllaga 
- Claudia Ortega as Belén Sánchez
- Jonnathan Kuri as Conrado Ricalde
- Carlos Athié as Ulises Mérida
- Lore Graniewicz as Claudia Lascuráin
- Estefanía Romero as Dolores Serna
- Eduardo Shacklett as Eugenio Galindo
- Hugo Aceves as Tomás Flores Ríos
- Juan Pablo Rocha as Raúl
- Rebeca Gucón as Paloma Montesinos
- Pietro Vannucci as Dr. Horacio De La Fuente
- Marychuy Aramburo as Zoé Garza Bustos
- Julio Vallado as Iván Sarabia
- Javier Ruán as Heriberto Rojas
- Arsenio Campos as Eugenio Ceniceros
- Eva Cedeño as Bertha de Mérida
- Elena Carrasco as Piedad
- Rebeca Mankita as Úrsula Lobato
- Ewout Rischen as Didier
- Virginia Marín as Enriqueta "Queta"
- Rocío Lázaro as Norma
- Sergio Acosta as "El Zopilote"
- Marina Marín as Madre Superiora
- Amparo Garrido as Madre Benigna
- Marcelo Córdoba as Rodrigo Aranda
- Mariluz Bermúdez as Diana Bazaine Aparicio
- Roberto Blandón as Enrique Montesinos Villarnau
- Maricruz Nájera as Conchita
- Diana Golden as Thelma Lobato
- Lilia Aragón as Constanza Villarnau Vda. de Montesinos
- Óscar Bonfiglio as Lic. Castillo
- Patricio de la Garza as Martín
- Ana Paula Martínez as Lucía
- Fede Porras as Juan Pablo
- Miranda Kay as Nayeli
- Carlos Meza as Gustavo
- Shaula Satinka as Coral
- Omar Yubelli as Gustavo
- Salma Ponce de León as Coral
- Sahit Sosa as Diego Flores Ríos
The casting for the role of María began in June 2015 and participated actresses as Thelma Madrigal, Adriana Louvier, Claudia Álvarez, Danna García and Ariadne Díaz, the latter rejected the role because she had other plans. On July 9, 2015 producer Ignacio Sada confirmed that Claudia Álvarez will be the protagonist of the melodrama. The telenovela production began at the end of August 2015 and is expected to be released in November 2015.
Among the actors who made tests to be the protagonist of the novela are Andrés Palacios and Gabriel Soto. On August 7, 2015, it was confirmed that José Ron will be the protagonist of the story, together with Ferdinando Valencia as the co-protagonist.
Awards and nominationsEdit
|2017||35th TVyNovelas Awards||Best Actress||Claudia Álvarez||Nominated|
|Best Co-lead Actor||Ferdinando Valencia||Nominated|
- "Simplemente María: Telenovela destaca dignidad de la mujer". peru.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 8 November 2015.
- "Simply María at Televisa Internacional". televisainternacional.tv. Retrieved 13 November 2015.
- "Estreno de Simplemente María lunes 9 de noviembre". espectaculosatiempo.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 16 September 2015.
- "¡Arleth Terán habla de su papel de villana en "Simplemente María"!". television.televisa.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 6 November 2015.
- Rubio, Flor. "Agradecido de incorporarme a "Simplemente María": Eleazar Gómez". radioformula.com.mx (in Spanish). Retrieved 11 February 2016.
- "¡Faltab 7 días! Michelle Ramaglia". television.televisa.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 6 November 2015.
- "Carmen Becerra y Mónica Sánchez Navarro se integran a Simplemente María". espectaculosatiempo.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 6 November 2015.
- "Miguel Martínez y Erik Díaz se integran al elenco de Simplemente María". Espectaculostiempo (in Spanish). Retrieved August 2, 2015.
- Vanessa Terkes será una villana en Simplemente María.
- Maxine Woodside. "Realiza Thelma Madrigal casting para "Simplemente María"". Grupo Fórmula (in Spanish). Retrieved July 10, 2015.
- Maxine Woodside. "Disputarían Ariadne Díaz y Adriana Louvier protagónico "Simplemente María"". Grupo Fórmula (in Spanish). Retrieved July 10, 2015.
- "Claudia Álvarez ganó el papel y ¡será protagonista de Simplemente María!". TVNotas (in Spanish). Retrieved July 10, 2015.
- Flor Rubio. "Danna García, cerca de protagonizar "Simplemente María"". Grupo Fórmula (in Spanish). Retrieved July 10, 2015.
- "Ariadne Díaz deja casting por rivalidad con Ruffo". El Gráfico (in Spanish). Retrieved July 10, 2015.
- Maxine Woodside. "Andrés Palacios hizo casting para "Simplemente María"". Grupo Fómrula (in Spanish). Retrieved August 7, 2015.
- "Gabriel Soto no actuará en la telenovela 'Simplemente María'". Trome.pe (in Spanish). Retrieved August 7, 2015.
- Flor Rubio. "José Ron será el protagonista de "Simplemente María"". Radio Fórmula (in Spanish). Retrieved August 7, 2015.
- Rubio, Flor. ""Simplemente María" estrena con 13.5 puntos de audiencia". radioformula.com.mx (in Spanish). Retrieved 11 November 2015.
- "¡Conoce a los nominados de los Premios TVyNovelas 2017 y vota por tu favorito!". television.televisa.com (in Spanish). Televisa. Retrieved 6 April 2017.
- "Lista completa de ganadores de Premios TV y Novelas 2017". laopinion.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 6 April 2017.