This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2019)
Enthusiast Gaming is a Canadian digital media company specializing in video game journalism. Founded in 2014 by entrepreneur Menashe Kestenbaum, the company owns the websites Destructoid and Escapist Magazine, as well the gaming convention Enthusiast Gaming Live Expo (EGLX).
|Enthusiast Gaming Holdings|
|Industry||Video game journalism|
|Francesco Aquilini (Chairman)|
Adrian Montgomery (CEO)
The company went public on the TSX Venture Exchange in October 2018. In January 2020 the company's listing moved to the Toronto Stock Exchange. In April 2021, the company also began trading on the Nasdaq.
Enthusiast Gaming owns a number of websites and runs an annual convention in Toronto.
- Daily Esports (founded 2018)
- Destructoid (acquired 2017)
- Flixist (acquired 2017)
- Japanator (acquired 2017)
- DiabloII Net & Wiki (acquired 2018)
- The Escapist (acquired 2018)
- Gameumentary (acquired 2018)
- Only Single Player (acquired 2016)
- Gaming Street (founded 2019)
- Nintendo Enthusiast (founded 2011, by Enthusiast Gaming founder)
- Gamnesia (acquired 2018)
- Operation Sports (acquired 2018)
- PC Invasion (acquired 2018)
- Planet Destiny (acquired 2019)
- PlayStation Enthusiast (founded 2015)
- Steel Media (Pocket Gamer) (acquired 2019)
- The Sims Resource (acquired 2019)
- Siliconera (acquired 2019)
- Xbox Enthusiast (founded 2015)
- Omnia Media (acquired 2020)
- Icy Veins (acquired 2021)
- Upcomer (founded 2021)
- Tabstats (acquired 2021)
- GameKnot (acquired 2021)
- Vancouver Titans (Overwatch – Overwatch League)
- Seattle Surge (Call of Duty)
- Luminosity Gaming (Fortnite Battle Royale and Valorant)
Enthusiast Gaming Live Expo (EGLX) is an annual gaming convention hosted at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre. It is billed as Canada's largest video game convention, with a reported peak of 30,000 attendees. In October 2018, Enthusiast Gaming announced that EGLX will host the World Electronic Sports Games Canadian Championship.
- Takahashi, Dean (2018-10-04). "Enthusiast Gaming goes public in Canada to build game fan network". VentureBeat (in American English). Retrieved 2018-11-23.
- "Enthusiast Gaming to Commence Trading on the Toronto Stock Exchange". Yahoo Finance (in American English). January 21, 2020. Retrieved January 27, 2020.
- "ENTHUSIAST GAMING TO COMMENCE TRADING ON NASDAQ". April 20, 2021.
- "Enthusiast Gaming acquires Destructoid". MCV/DEVELOP. 22 June 2017.
- Spangler, Todd (July 26, 2018). "Defy Media Sells The Escapist Gaming Site to Canada's Enthusiast Gaming". Variety. Penske Media Corporation. Retrieved July 26, 2018.
- Blake, Vikki (23 January 2019). "Enthusiast Gaming seeks to acquire B2B game network Steel Media". MCV/DEVELOP.
- "Enthusiast Gaming to Acquire "The Sims Resource", The World's Largest Female Video Gaming Website". Enthusiast Gaming. January 7, 2019. Retrieved February 18, 2019.
- "Enthusiast Gaming acquires Omnia Media". reuters. 7 August 2020. Retrieved 21 December 2020.
- Settimi, Christina (6 August 2020). "Enthusiast Gaming Acquires Media Company Tied To Shroud, Pokimane, MrBeast; Wants To Build A Gaming Social Network". Forbes. Retrieved 21 December 2020.
- Whan, Christopher (2018-10-26). "Largest gaming expo in Canada hits Toronto this weekend". Global News. Retrieved 2018-11-23.
- "Enthusiast Gaming Live Expo "EGLX", Canada's Largest Video Gaming Expo, Takes Place This Weekend". Yahoo! Finance (in American English). 2018-10-22. Retrieved 2018-11-23.